Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Curtis Jones?

No thanks

Curtis Jones?? A player Klopp thinks can develop into a first eleven player at Liverpool and help them win major trophies? 
Nah not for us- he is shit!!

I hope the sarcasm comes through in this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m starting to think, I’d rather go with what we’ve got, bar maybe one further signing, than be rinsed by other clubs for their share of the Grealish money. I don’t think this season will be what we wanted it to be now but equally I don’t think we will struggle (although could get off to shaky start due to all this leading up to it).

That 100mil will be the only silver lining of losing Jack and I’d be gutted if we just squandered it, overpaying for average players. 

Totally agree, no need to panic buy. Use it wisely.

• Like 1

So if Jack goes then how do we replace him ? 

Between him and Barkley we got 9 goals and 13 assists. 

Bailey  and Buendia last season got 30 goals and 27 assists between them. 

We will play differently but it is giving me a hard on thinking of Buendia playing through balls for Bailey to run on to. 

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m starting to think, I’d rather go with what we’ve got, bar maybe one further signing, than be rinsed by other clubs for their share of the Grealish money. I don’t think this season will be what we wanted it to be now but equally I don’t think we will struggle (although could get off to shaky start due to all this leading up to it).

That 100mil will be the only silver lining of losing Jack and I’d be gutted if we just squandered it, overpaying for average players. 

Totally agree. We need to target clubs who are desperate for cash. That means shopping outside the PL if we do shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Curtis Jones?? A player Klopp thinks can develop into a first eleven player at Liverpool and help them win major trophies? 
Nah not for us- he is shit!!

I hope the sarcasm comes through in this post.

Fbref fans will be frothing when they look at his report 

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looks like Maddison maybe available?
Not my cup of tea as a player but everyone else seems to rate him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/03/arsenal-want-james-maddison-leicester-midfielder-open-to-move

The rumour is Leicester want rid of him because terrible attitude

• Like 1

A huge number of clubs are in dire financial positions.

I'm not convinced Jack goes but if he does then we have a huge opportunity to take advantage of this. 

Juve can't raise the £34m to sign Locatelli. I'm not saying we'd get him but it shows where other clubs are at financially. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Curtis Jones is in the Grealish mould. If Grealish is off we’re not likely to sign another one but I could see us signing a young player we hope to develop into the next Grealish. 

Rayan Cherki please

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Curtis Jones is in the Grealish mould. If Grealish is off we’re not likely to sign another one but I could see us signing a young player we hope to develop into the next Grealish. 

Problem is the scum 6 will always come and take the cream from us/any other lesser club as we get called. It is so frustrating, just shows FFP was bought in to make the 'Elite' (how Spurs are classed as a big 6 club won nothing since 2008...) stay elite. Any club outside this scum 6 devolves a top caliber player the media get on the bandwagon.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So if Jack goes then how do we replace him ? 

Between him and Barkley we got 9 goals and 13 assists. 

Bailey  and Buendia last season got 30 goals and 27 assists between them. 

We will play differently but it is giving me a hard on thinking of Buendia playing through balls for Bailey to run on to. 

Signing Buendia and Bailey has already replaced Jack in an aggregate sense. We add a Ward Prowse to midfield and we're a better side than last year for zero cost (if we get 100m for Jack)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’m gunna have to break it simply for you as you just don’t get it do you. It’s been widely reported that Tammy is on between £80k per week and is looking for £120k pw… Newly capped England international Watkins agent, whose job is to do the best for his player will take one look at Tammy joining and will ask for at least parity if not more. That’s a fact of the game … 

He will use the Liverpool rumours to get his client the contract he wants. It’s not opinion it’s how football works. It really is that simple. An agents job is to maximise his clients earning potential. Why would he not ? 

I just don't understand why you'd be so concerned over to he wages when it's nothing to do with us fans. If Villa feel it's right and the Owners can afford it and they want the move to go ahead then it will mate.

Us fans shouldn't be overly concerned about these wages. For where we want to go anyway there is bound to be a spike in wages, because the higher we go in the league the more money the club makes.

Wasnt we one of the clubs last season with the lowest wages paid??? It may not be this season having signed Bailey and Buendia and possibly Tammy, but really if the club wants the move then we get behind them and support it.

6 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Problem is the scum 6 will always come and take the cream from us/any other lesser club as we get called. It is so frustrating, just shows FFP was bought in to make the 'Elite' (how Spurs are classed as a big 6 club won nothing since 2008...) stay elite. Any club outside this scum 6 devolves a top caliber player the media get on the bandwagon.

Sadly, it's the law of the jungle. As a mid-table, upwardly mobile side we poach Buendia from Norwich.

Just now, Dave-R said:

I just don't understand why you'd be so concerned over to he wages when it's nothing to do with us fans. If Villa feel it's right and the Owners can afford it and they want the move to go ahead then it will mate.

Us fans shouldn't be overly concerned about these wages. For where we want to go anyway there is bound to be a spike in wages, because the higher we go in the league the more money the club makes.

Wasnt we one of the clubs last season with the lowest wages paid??? It may not be this season having signed Bailey and Buendia and possibly Tammy, but really if the club wants the move then we get behind them and support it.

As you know I’m not a Tammy fan and I was just explaining one of the myriad of reasons I’m against his signing. Happy to be proved wrong and for you to remind me if Tammy joins and is successful. Ultimately we both want the same thing which is a successful Villa team … 

I don’t get the clamour for Ward-Prowse, especially if Grealish is off. Granted he is brilliant at set pieces but his stats aren’t massively different to Sanson’s 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

As you know I’m not a Tammy fan and I was just explaining one of the myriad of reasons I’m against his signing. Happy to be proved wrong and for you to remind me if Tammy joins and is successful. Ultimately we both want the same thing which is a successful Villa team … 

More people need this attitude. We all have opinions but we all want a successful team. We should all want to be proved wrong if something benefits the club.

On Tammy, personally I'd like him back if the finances were right, but I can understand peoples scepticism as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

I don’t get the clamour for Ward-Prowse, especially if Grealish is off. Granted he is brilliant at set pieces but his stats aren’t massively different to Sanson’s 

Because if he plays well for us Southgate would start playing him for England and we can then flog him to Man City for double the money in a couple of years.

Sorry just getting bitter and twisted.

• Haha 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Good post.

I know your not a Tammy fan, there a few of you who disagree with the move, I don't see why not but your entitled to feel that way.

I just think tlhaving him at Villa improves us in so many ways and gives us more option, in reality it really does help Watkins out as well.

I do feel both Watkins and Tammy would be a fantastic partnership. Like I said if Tammy joins, this whole (main striker) title will be a thing of the past for Villa. Both Watkins and Tammy would take up the mantle and both utilised pretty much equally through a season in a very tactical way. It just gives Smith options, many options and it doesn't risk Watkins with Injury anywhere near what he'd be being risked if he was played all season long. 

Yes I agree the whole point is the success of a Villa team we all support and whoever is signed for us we should wish them all luck for the new season ahead, it's going to be very exciting that's for sure with Bailey and Buendia added to Grealish and Watkins upfront.

• Like 1