Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/21 at 23:59

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Goal was onside. **** Smith for this. Wouldn't have been close if he just used nakamba or sanson 20 minutes earlier. 

VAR says no

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just proves it that performance doesnt always equal the result. But i will take a lucky 1 nil every day . Until offside becomes the last part of the body rather than the first its going to be unfair. Change the rules to favour the attacker and we get more goals 

Saved by the VAR lottery twice tonight. For once the make it up as you go hand ball and offside rule worked in out favor.

Defensively a good game, lost the midfield battle and didn't create much going forward.

Players clearly knackered in the last 30 mins but I guess Smith wanted to punish them for something.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not gonna lie, that goal in the 93rd min was a goal, i dont think that was offside.

hard fought win though.

It definitely was. Close, but offside by enough, as called on the field.

We got lucky today, which kind of makes up for midweek, but it’s not like we won because of the ref. 

I hardly never have a word of criticism for Deano, but today he should have made subs in midfield about twenty minutes before he did and that could have cost us points. I never want to make subs for the sake of it, but our midfield wasn’t working today. 

Edited by Michelsen

This was the opposite of a smash and grab. It was a composed, defensive, rearguard performance. We could have easily been 2-3 up at half time. It took 60+ minutes for Southampton to get a shot on target. And one of those efforts was from 25 yards and at Emi.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ridiculous from Smith. Does he have a bet regarding how many games we can throw away? 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Goal was onside. **** Smith for this. Wouldn't have been close if he just used nakamba or sanson 20 minutes earlier. 

Have a lie down FFS. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Linesman flagged it offside.

VAR checked it and also said offside.

It was close, but offside.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

We won... he clearly didn’t need to make changes. 

Well Ings goal was given offside for his sleeve which tbh is a joke

We got away with one tonight and if we hadn’t there would have been a meltdown on here tonight, as everyone could see we needed some fresh legs on

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not gonna lie, that goal in the 93rd min was a goal, i dont think that was offside.

hard fought win though.

I agree but then think about some of Watkins goals ruled offside......swings and roundabouts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â