Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I honestly just don't even get the offside law anymore. The deflection can't matter, surely?!

I just don't even celebrate goals anymore unless it's twatted in from outside the box, I have no **** clue what the refs are going to do.

I subscribed to this until McGinns against Arsenal. Now I just stare at the TV in bewilderment until they kick off and do a quiet fist pump.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, penguin said:

I subscribed to this until McGinns against Arsenal. Now I just stare at the TV in bewilderment until they kick off and do a quiet fist pump.

Same. I assume any goal could get disallowed for any arbitrary reason the VAR fixers choose.

These bloody Saturday night fixtures! Just went out to get the pudding sorted and came back to find we have scored! And thanks Sky for showing repeated clips of the goal - NOT. Am guessing from the number of closeups they are showing it was Watkins?

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Similar, but I look away. I want to see anything but the players faces as they wait to find out if their goal stands.

Says it all, doesn't it.