Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Like others have said, Bertie is too slow to see the danger and has left Cash exposed over and over. Villa need to get him help out there as that has been their main threat to us. 

My other concern is how many times they've managed to find one of their players standing unmarked centrally, 20 yards from our goal. On a wet surface any low shot is going to trouble Emi from there. 

We've had our chances but, unfortunately, Barkley's final ball has let us down. 

I wouldn't change it yet. I'd see how Bertie does for the first 10 minutes and if he doesn't get a grip I'd change him for El Ghazi. It's a shame as this is definitely the kind of game that would have suited Trez. 

Watkins and Barkley need to work harder closing their back three down and we simply need to make the right decisions and be more careful with the ball when we go forward with it. There's definitely hope for a goal or two for us if we are better with the ball. 

Come on Villa. Show them what you're made of in the second half. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Giving the ball away too easily....but ok so far.

I remember when I got slagged off for pointing out that we have a tendency to be sloppy with the ball at times, resulting in both the wasting of opportunities for ourselves, and presenting opportunities to opposition as well as inviting pressure. If it keeps happening the best sides will inevitably punish you.

If we were sharper though, we genuinely could already have been ahead IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

My only complaint is we keep gifting possession back to them in midfield which is resulting in wave after wave of attack.  Defending our box really well so far in fairness but another 45 of that will be tough.  

Barkley understandably looks very unfit but I'd like to see Ghazi on for Bertie sooner rather than later even if it's just to sit on Foden.  He's one of the best young players I've seen since our own Grealish.

• Like 2