Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

That’ll do Cashy’s confidence the world of good.

Targett has been great defensively 

Yes, Targett's been good. And Jack has defended real well too. He doesn't commit before the attacker, so they give up more than not.

• Like 1

Aside from 2 or 3 the rest are holding their own against these lot. Awesome defensive display again and managing to create some chances too.

Replace Traore with El Ghazi and hopefully Barkley will continue to come into it and we could win this. 

Foden is the only one doing what he likes in that half, need to close that off second half 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Barkley is rusty, McGinn is doing okay, Traore is walking.

I think they are still waiting to click, hopefully Dean puts the straight at half time. Luiz is not figuring either. At least AEG has some form if we need it.

• Like 1

Defence has been excellent.

Everyone else looks off the pace, Luiz has reverted to the Luiz we saw for the first part of last season, the game just goes on around him.

Lots of people not tracking runs from midfield and sloppy in attack, we’ve had 2-3 really good opportunities and done next to nothing with them.

All that being said, it’s 0-0 and all to play for. I think we capitulated after half time in this fixture last season so fingers crossed we’ve learnt our lesson.

• Like 2

We look like a team not played football for 3 weeks.

So much sloppy passing and losing 50/50 duels.

Defensively we've been heroic but if the game goes on like this it's inevitable that City will score a few

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Need to be much sharper second half, although rustiness was to be expected.

Some of the passing, McGinns in particular, has been far too lax and some of the flicks etc from Barkley gifting City easy possession back. They have far too much quality for us to continue doing that and expect anything from the game.

• Like 1

I think we have good chances to pip this. Now we've had one half to shake off the rustiness, we're ready to go on the offense. We will get at least one killer chance, that's guaranteed.

It all depends on Villa keeping on pressuring and managing to cut out all those stupid misplaced passes, those are killing us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Not particularly

I added a couple of extra words afterwards as my post read overly critical.

It was the late clear cut chances City spurned I was referring to.

Villa did well on the whole.

• Like 1

This looks like the form Side in the league running ragged a side who havent played in 3 weeks. Konsa and Mings have been good. Watkins chasing everything down. Need better decision making from Ross and Bert. 

Same as last season 0-0 at HT. Lets hope for a better start to the 2nd half than last season

Good half. Not intimidated or overrun. We defended well and looked dangerous on the counterattack. Should have got a goal really. 

I worry that we are giving Foden a free pass to get into the 6 yard box whenever he likes but fortunately so far he hasn’t known what to do when he gets there.