Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This looks like the form Side in the league running ragged a side who havent played in 3 weeks. Konsa and Mings have been good. Watkins chasing everything down. Need better decision making from Ross and Bert.

388849.jpg

Edited by Gompedyret

I’d bring on El Ghazi for Traore. I’ve got serious doubts about Traore. Flashes of brilliance but just ambles back and leaves Cash exposed over and over again. 

We’ve defended well, but we’ve been poor. Very poor in possession at times. 

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Like others have said, Bertie is too slow to see the danger and has left Cash exposed over and over. Villa need to get him help out there as that has been their main threat to us. 

My other concern is how many times they've managed to find one of their players standing unmarked centrally, 20 yards from our goal. On a wet surface any low shot is going to trouble Emi from there. 

We've had our chances but, unfortunately, Barkley's final ball has let us down. 

I wouldn't change it yet. I'd see how Bertie does for the first 10 minutes and if he doesn't get a grip I'd change him for El Ghazi. It's a shame as this is definitely the kind of game that would have suited Trez. 

Watkins and Barkley need to work harder closing their back three down and we simply need to make the right decisions and be more careful with the ball when we go forward with it. There's definitely hope for a goal or two for us if we are better with the ball. 

Come on Villa. Show them what you're made of in the second half. 

McGinn & Luiz needs to pick players up, too.

Edited by TRO