Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I don't understand all this thinking about hes going to jump ship.

He has a contract at the club, and no ones going to buy him.

Also from his point of view there's a new head coach,  Its a complete new start for everyone.

He will be out on loan to a French club in jan. Clearly doesn't want to be here,

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Need to get rid asap in January. A disaster signing even if it was 'cut price'.

Or wait and see how the new Head Coach evaluates him?

Why on earth would we bin him off "cut price"when there absolutely no need to? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BigJim said:

Just read somewhere that he won't be available for Brighton, having "picked up a knock" during a trip home to France.  

Bumped his knee getting off the train? Strained his back lifting his suitcase?

This is far beyond a joke now.

Goes to visit his family in France, comes back injured and unable to play on Saturday. 

Scary, I’m envisaging some kind of Jeremy Kyle/Jerry Springer type family background.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I don't understand all this thinking about hes going to jump ship.

He has a contract at the club, and no ones going to buy him.

Also from his point of view there's a new head coach,  Its a complete new start for everyone.

Given that he chose to go to Disneyland rather than be around the club knowing that a new manager was going to be in I’m starting to question his attitude to be honest.

Surely making a good impression whilst players were out on international duty would have been in his best interests if he was seriously bothered about making it at Villa.

For me he’s either the most unlucky player with injuries or he’s just not motivated.

I would add that he also seems to be a beneficiary of the classic “player not playing gets better” thing. He didn’t really show a great deal in his limited minutes on the pitch but to some people he’s the saviour of our midfield issues.

Not to write the guy off obviously but it’s hardly been a success story so far for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Given that he chose to go to Disneyland rather than be around the club knowing that a new manager was going to be in I’m starting to question his attitude to be honest.

Do you hang around in your office when you are on holiday? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

In all fairness, it's November. He doesn't exactly *need* the holiday, and all the other lads were in training as far as I could tell. This might not necessarily equate to an attitude problem, maybe he is homesick or some variation of that. But I deffo take the point that it does seem a bit non-committal. 

• Like 2

Hopefully we see him soon , he was good in the cup vs chelsea,  might be a french curse at Villa, Ginola, Pires, Berson , Amavi, N’zogbia,  Guilbert, Agathe,  Remi Garde, Didier Six, Cissokho, Verretout.  I can’t think of many successful French  Villans?

12 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

I’m not sure my holiday from an office job is equatable to a professional footballer with seemingly bad fitness/injury issues with a couple of weeks in between games.

I’m only questioning whether it’s a great look to the new manager to see a player who’s season hasn’t really even began because of injuries etc. choosing to spend his time out of the country rather than be around the club.

I think DDID put it better than me above to be fair but I’m more comparing it to the stuff that was seen with players like Trezeguet and Wesley who regularly had videos/photos with Villa fitness staff putting in the hard work to get fit.

Now maybe Sanson is doing his utmost to get (and stay) fit and this trip to Disneyland was the best use of these couple of weeks but the impression it gives isn’t great in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Can see him leaving and thriving elsewhere like another Veretout 

This is different in that he's never really got a game. He's got less than 5 games worth of mins.

Anyone who watched Veretout and thought ah he's not good enough, clearly doesn't have much of an idea.

This is goes further. Perhaps he's a sulky fella? Perhaps his family never settled? 

• Like 3

Â