Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is different in that he's never really got a game. He's got less than 5 games worth of mins.

Anyone who watched Veretout and thought ah he's not good enough, clearly doesn't have much of an idea.

This is goes further. Perhaps he's a sulky fella? Perhaps his family never settled? 

I imagine it probably has a lot to do with his family. Something myself, and others overlook when it comes to footballers. They're just humans after all and I'd struggle moving my family to France regardless of salary!

One things for sure, these 'injuries' are a complete farce. He's probably had a few knocks but he hasn't been injured half as much as the club would want you to believe. He made a mistake joining us and he clearly wants out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

What a waste of time he has become. Literally offers nothing.

Yeah, I've been amazed how little he's offered to the team when they're playing in a football match and he's sat injured at home. 

He's been injured for the majority of his time here, is it frustrating... yes. Is it annoying that we haven't seen what he can do properly... yes. Does the recurring nature of the situation give rise to rumours that he doesn't want to be here.... yes.

Shit happens in football as a result of bad luck sometimes, get over it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

What a waste of time he has become. Literally offers nothing.

Latest in a long line of French players who haven't worked out at Villa. We seemed cursed where players of that nationality are concerned.

Edited by Risso

36 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

so a couple of people on here read something that no longer exists stating he's injured after a trip to France.  I think that's pretty conclusive.  burn him.

Think he's officially out for Saturday now.

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I’m not sure my holiday from an office job is equatable to a professional footballer with seemingly bad fitness/injury issues with a couple of weeks in between games.

I’m only questioning whether it’s a great look to the new manager to see a player who’s season hasn’t really even began because of injuries etc. choosing to spend his time out of the country rather than be around the club.

I think DDID put it better than me above to be fair but I’m more comparing it to the stuff that was seen with players like Trezeguet and Wesley who regularly had videos/photos with Villa fitness staff putting in the hard work to get fit.

Now maybe Sanson is doing his utmost to get (and stay) fit and this trip to Disneyland was the best use of these couple of weeks but the impression it gives isn’t great in my opinion.

you expect him to hang around BMH even though literally no one else, including coaches etc, would be there? they were given the weekend off, what he does with that time off is up to him

trez isn't fit and is likely to struggle to get back into the team...why has no one been complaining that he's not been at BMH?

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

any reasons given

illness/injury

maybe recovering from Covid.

I don't think BOTH Dean and Gerrard would purposely avoid the specifics if there was more information they could give.

If there was a whiff of conspiracy, poor player attitude or any other issues i'm sure Gerrard would have said something or just not mentioned his recovery or the player's name in any context.

I know people desperately want to believe a phone call like this phone call happened.

Gerrard: Ay ya gooner be reet for Saturday Morgan pal?

Sanson: Apologies le boss I decided to take ze week off, because ya know I dunnit give many f*cks about playing for Villa oh and another thing I stubbed my toe on the Shrek ride and will need another six months to recover.

Gerrard: Ay no prob pal, you just take it easy, i'll tell the press you're not quite ready, ferry cross the mersey and all that.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

illness/injury

maybe recovering from Covid.

I don't think BOTH Dean and Gerrard would purposely avoid the specifics if there was more information they could give.

If there was a whiff of conspiracy, poor player attitude or any other issues i'm sure Gerrard would have said something or just not mentioned his recovery or the player's name in any context.

I know people desperately want to believe a phone call like this phone call happened.

Sanson: Apologies le boss I decided to take ze week off, because ya know I dunnit give many f*cks about playing for Villa oh and another thing I stubbed my toe on the Shrek ride and will need another six months to recover.

Gerrard: Ay no prob pal, you just take it easy, i'll tell the press you're not quite ready, ferry cross the mersey and all that.

You learn something new every day. I had no idea Stevie G was a Geordie

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

oh cool, is Sanson half French and half German!??

Edited by MaVilla

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

oh cool, is Sanson half French and half German!??

he and Gerrard are multi-national cunning linguists

Sanson is 0.3% German and Gerrard is talking Geordie to fit in at Villa, not realising that the Brum accent is different.

• Haha 1

Â