Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 07/11/2021 at 22:56, Tom13 said:

So did Busquets - Xavi - Iniesta

In the traditional, physical stopper way it did, but it had a different type of physicality. Xavi and Iniesta would have outran the duracell bunny.

On 07/11/2021 at 21:40, villalad21 said:

That midfield lacks physicality. 

who is our physical midfielder then? and don't say nakamba because he's not good enough.  

Luiz is, like it or not, the best deep lying midfielder we have at the club currently.  

• Like 1

On 08/11/2021 at 05:37, MaVilla said:

agreed, a Luiz/Sanson, or Luiz/Ramsey in a double pivot, or a Luiz/Ramsey/Sanson midfield 3, all 3 of them can actually pass a ball, unlike McGinn.

Sanson's passing accuracy is as bad as Mcginn's.

His passing accuracy in the short time he played for us was 75.8 percent and his passing accuracy in his last season with Marseille was 75.7 percent. Mcginn's passing accuracy last season was 77.3 percent in comparison.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

His passing accuracy in the short time he played for us was 75.8 percent and his passing accuracy in his last season with Marseille was 75.7 percent. Mcginn's passing accuracy last season was 77.3 percent in comparison.

well, stats tell one story, my eyes tell another, anyone who watches McGinn knows he cant pass for toffee.

You may be right with Sanson, i dont know, what types of passes?, does McGinn or Sanson play riskier passes?, i dunno.

Anyway, my point is, McGinn is incapable of holding and retaining the ball in midfield, i dont think we have seen enough of Sanson yet to see if he would be an upgrade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

well, stats tell one story, my eyes tell another, anyone who watches McGinn knows he cant pass for toffee.

You may be right with Sanson, i dont know, what types of passes?, does McGinn or Sanson play riskier passes?, i dunno.

Anyway, my point is, McGinn is incapable of holding and retaining the ball in midfield, i dont think we have seen enough of Sanson yet to see if he would be an upgrade.

I agree with you on Mcginn. I'm not saying Mcginn is good at holding and retaining the ball in midfield. But the stats suggest that Sanson probably won't be an improvement on him in that regard. They seem to be very similar types of players. High energy, high risk, attacking oriented central midfielders. 

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We can apply the whole 'like a new signing' cliché to Morgan here when the new manager comes in.

The amount he has been injured I think this will be the fourth or fifth time we’ve signed him. 

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think the 5 minutes he has spent on the pitch for us constitutes a statistically significant sample size

On 07/11/2021 at 21:40, villalad21 said:

That midfield lacks physicality. 

Agreed. Though I'd like to see a Luiz, Mcginn, Sanson midfield as well as what he said. Simply because I'd like to see what our best midfield on paper is capable of and see how good Sanson actually is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce had a cabbage. Smith had a bottle! What is it with Villa managers having objects thrown at them?!

What is it with Villa fans throwing stuff at their managers? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The bottle was a player! 

Ahh, I was a bit confused as didn’t remember fans throwing stuff at Dean! 

Will be good to see if Sanson is worth a fart, that first 40 mins at Chelsea was impressive. If he can find some form I still think there’s a player in there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Ahh, I was a bit confused as didn’t remember fans throwing stuff at Dean! 

Will be good to see if Sanson is worth a fart, that first 40 mins at Chelsea was impressive. If he can find some form I still think there’s a player in there. 

I agree. Maybe not so much if Smith was still in charge as it did seem they had fallen out. But he has a fresh start now.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The bottle was a player! 

Unless you mean that the bottle was an actual player which wouldn't be a surprise.  An inanimate object which cant pass or tackle would fit very easily into our midfield.  Get it registered. 

• Haha 1

Â