Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

One thing I’d never really considered before making that list was that no. 8 for Angel was a bit weird.

Yes, he ended up with the number 9 shirt shifted to 18 in between 8 and 9 for some reason

3 hours ago, striker said:

I remember him tearing Man U a new one which Fergie admitted himself. Think Villa beat Man U 3-1 that day. 

95 wasn't it? My 7th birthday party. My mother baked a cake with Aston Villa 2-1 Man U on it. Close.

A day that I'll never forget. Villa won, I got cake, and most of my friends were Utd supporters.

Edited by sparrow1988

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes, he ended up with the number 9 shirt shifted to 18 in between 8 and 9 for some reason

I’m sure when I was a kid I read something about the reason Yorke wore 18 was because 9 was taken and 1 + 8 = 9. Maybe Angel was doing something similar until 9 became available?

I also remember thinking that a striker wearing number 8 was strange at the time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thug said:

Was watching his YouTube clips, and realised I’d forgotten how good a player he is.

His fbref stats are phenomenal too.

His villa stats ain't great though 😂

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's not the number of injuries that matter - it's how often you are available/not available.

We've had him for 6 months. 6 months earlier than we actually wanted to buy him by all accounts too. And he's had one injury that's kept him out for games we didn't intend to have him for anyway.

So yeah it's a bit much to be asking 'is he ever not injured'.

Never known a group of fans like it, guys barely been able to pull the shirt on and we're on his case and questioning if he's capable for a player they've never seen. Grealish misses 15 games a season and we can't imagine life without him.

Same guys will be in the speculation thread saying 'maybe we can make Sanson convince Kamara to come here'

Fat chance

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We've had him for 6 months. 6 months earlier than we actually wanted to buy him by all accounts too. And he's had one injury that's kept him out for games we didn't intend to have him for anyway.

So yeah it's a bit much to be asking 'is he ever not injured'.

Never known a group of fans like it, guys barely been able to pull the shirt on and we're on his case and questioning if he's capable for a player they've never seen. Grealish misses 15 games a season and we can't imagine life without him.

Same guys will be in the speculation thread saying 'maybe we can make Sanson convince Kamara to come here'

Fat chance

I was just pointing out what matters is him being available. It doesn't matter if 3 months with an ankle and 3 months with a knee - or 6 months with a knee.

He's barely played for anyone since Dec 2020. (He was out for a few weeks just before we purchased him) 

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

I’m sure when I was a kid I read something about the reason Yorke wore 18 was because 9 was taken and 1 + 8 = 9. Maybe Angel was doing something similar until 9 became available?

I also remember thinking that a striker wearing number 8 was strange at the time.

Some have even put the + in the middle before. Cant remember who and not sure I can be bothered to Google.. not sure if that's ever happened at Villa though

Â