Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Salah, Mane,, Henderson, Firmino, Shaqiri, Thiago,  Oxlade-Chamberlain. Reserves is overstating it massively.

Very proud of the lads. Barry did well. Sylla looked great. Rowe did very well.Onodi too.

Very much looking forward to following their careers.

You’re right, I thought I might be getting called up on me claiming it was our U18s!

I’m going back to edit.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Pressed and set up the low block just like the first team. Really pleased to see we finally have a style of play that is consistent from the 1st team all the way through the academy. 

does that mean they've finally introduced the 'villa engine'? maybe we'll get that theme park after all..

• Haha 2

As for the actual performances there were some great performances from all but Rowe in that 1st half was particularly good.

Calm, assured, pacy and up against one of the best players in the world and kept him quiet. Then he made that pass for the goal ....outstanding half!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's a lot of senior strikers wouldn't have scored that goal. I can see a clamour to have Barry on the bench sooner rather than later, given how light we are up top, and after tonight it's that bit harder to disagree.

one of them is our current first team back up!!

definitely earnt his place around the first team set up, hopefully he kicks on from here

Edited by tomav84

1 minute ago, BOF said:

There's a lot of senior strikers wouldn't have scored that goal. I can see a clamour to have Barry on the bench sooner rather than later, given how light we are up top, and after tonight it's that bit harder to disagree.

I'm not sure Watkins has the composure to score that goal tbh. Davis would have no **** chance.

Obviously scoring a single goal in the biggest game of your career so far doesn't mean you can do it regularly, but I can't wait to see more of him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Davis would never have shown that composure in a millions years I'm afraid.

Can certainly see him making a sub cameo or two for us in last 5 games if we have little to play for. Then season long loan to league 1 or championship is smart move next season. They'll likely be plenty of takers this month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

The sooner we get him training/playing with Jack the better. He made some really good runs tonight, for the goal especially and he has a lot of pace. He could be a real quality player for us if he has the right mentality.

Â