Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

Wow, what a performance. The greatest Academy in the land.

I knew some of the names but they will have learned so much from the experience. 

Honourable mentions to the GK, Onodi for a couple of decent saves, perhaps he is the inheritor to Martinez a few years in the future.

Revan was quality, the way late in the game he strides from defence and draws a foul was masterful.

Bridge was immense, stays on his feet, reads the game well and can head the ball.

Rowe stood up well down the flank under so much pressure. 

Bogarde could be 'real deal' again so young but oozed composure, technique and strength.

Sylla showed some glimpses of quality and was so alert I breaking down the play when the opportunity allowed (which wasn't often).

Chrisene also quality who showed not only good technique but also strength when needed.

Kessler was direct when in possession but little to work with.

Same with Barry, not much to work with but held the ball up well whether got it and his goal had me leaping for joy.

A few of these players should be rewarded for their efforts with more minutes throughout the season in the PL, they have proven they can do a job and with experience of a higher level they will improve.

The one thing they all lack was experience and they struggled with not having the benefit of bringing on two substitutes after sixty minutes with international experience.

UTV

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, his goal was very intelligent work by him though.

Didn't try to physically barge or compete with defender.

Used his smaller stature and pace to run UNDER him and break away lol

Agreed. He's without doubt, a fine prospect, but let's not loose sight of the fact that he's still a very young lad, he's in good hands. That's what's important. Absolutely no need to rush his progress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done, well done indeed. So proud of them.

MOTM is tough but I’ll give it to Barry for that sublime goal. When all’s said and done, that sort of skill is the most sought after at premier league level.

But basically this was an all-round team  performance of great resilience and a credit to all involved. 

• Like 1

I'd much rather see Barry coming on for 5/10 minute cameos than Davis. Especially after that interview. "I knew I had it once I saw the opportunity". 

Rowe at LB did extremely well against one the best Forwards in the world. Jack Walker too against Mane.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's a lot of senior strikers wouldn't have scored that goal. I can see a clamour to have Barry on the bench sooner rather than later, given how light we are up top, and after tonight it's that bit harder to disagree.

Does Davies miss that.....

I'll start this by saying everyone on the pitch should be hugely proud. 

But for me 3 players stood out for me. 

Barry, obviously the goal is so well taken but his work rate was second to none. 

Rowe was brilliant at left back. Tired badly and was subbed off but showed he could be a quality left back.

Revan, I thought both centre backs played well but he looks like a defender that knows how to defend. Was captain tonight and he earned that armband. 

All round great performance from the kids! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â