Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I'll start this by saying everyone on the pitch should be hugely proud. 

But for me 3 players stood out for me. 

Barry, obviously the goal is so well taken but his work rate was second to none. 

Rowe was brilliant at left back. Tired badly and was subbed off but showed he could be a quality left back.

Revan, I thought both centre backs played well but he looks like a defender that knows how to defend. Was captain tonight and he earned that armband. 

All round great performance from the kids! 

Completely agree but would add Sylla to that. 

• Like 1

Maybe Davis would have missed the Barry chance, but it's the kind of chance that players a lot better than Davis can also miss, not as easy as it looks, Barry had to shape his body just right to trick the keeper into thinking he was going to shoot the other way in order to score.

• Like 4

Genuinely hope the young lads stumble upon this thread and realize how proud they’ve made the supporters with that display. Brilliant stuff, there’s glimpses of real quality in there, makes one feel optimistic for the future of this great club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As they play more men's football they will improve tactically too. Hopefully over the next 12 months some of them will get loan moves to help them with their development. 

3/4 of them are close to men's football already. Revan definitely can be introduced to the first team fringes along with Rowe at LB and of course Barry. Mungo Bridge has a good career ahead of him.

Brad Young has balls the size of Jupiter. Cook me!

I can't confirm but I suspect this is the youngest average age starting XI in the FA Cup as well as the most first team debuts in one game?

Would love some stats like that to be proven! Well played, Revan looked particularly impressive.

• Like 1

Great performance by the boys despite losing.

However, we need to not get it out of perspective. These players showed that they are not yet ready for the premier league. It was boys against men even if the boys did work incredibly hard.

Physically so many of them could hardly run because of cramp by the 60min mark. That just takes time to develop physically and training.

As someone else has written some of these won’t make it even as professionals. Bear in mind some of our best prospects were training with the first team and so ineligible. But they’ll always remember that game.

Hopefully some of them will make it as well. Maybe if we are safe later on in the season and have some less important games we can bring some of them on for a few minutes here and there to help their development and reward those who have been putting in the right sort of work in training.

• Like 1

I saw the interview before with Klopp and he seemed so dismissive of our situation and seemed to reign himself in from saying something really controversial.

Lost any respect I had for him there but what about his post-match comments? Was there any great redeeming of his character? 

1 minute ago, mallett said:

However, we need to not get it out of perspective. These players showed that they are not yet ready for the premier league. It was boys against men even if the boys did work incredibly hard.

Physically so many of them could hardly run because of cramp by the 60min mark. That just takes time to develop physically and training.

As someone else has written some of these won’t make it even as professionals. Bear in mind some of our best prospects were training with the first team and so ineligible. But they’ll always remember that game.

Hopefully some of them will make it as well. Maybe if we are safe later on in the season and have some less important games we can bring some of them on for a few minutes here and there to help their development and reward those who have been putting in the right sort of work in training.

I know what you mean but it's not like they would all play together in the Prem. I think a few of them could certainly come on off the bench

and make a difference in certain games. Louie Barry and the full backs for certain would not look out of place  within the structure of our

first team

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mallett said:

What you're saying is correct. However the defenders out muscled them at times. Yes they got tired but some of them had to be bought in by their parents. If we had 3/4 first teamers playing with them then their legs wouldn't have gone so quickly as the experienced pros would have managed them better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I saw the interview before with Klopp and he seemed so dismissive of our situation and seemed to reign himself in from saying something really controversial.

Lost any respect I had for him there but what about his post-match comments? Was there any great redeeming of his character? 

No.

• Thanks 1

Â