Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

This was a no win situation for Klopp and Liverpool.

Liverpool hammer the U19 ... Bullies
Have a reasonable win ... eg 1:4 best result for Liverpool
Draw ... disaster
Loss ... 😄

Having said that,  it looks like Villa acquitted themselves with valour. Sadly I only saw the last five minutes.

Beautiful goal though. If it would have been Grealish receiving the ball rather than Barry, Grealish would have been fouled, I think.

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No if it was the other way roundI doubt many would have wanted Villa to play a youth side.

Exactly:

Being charitable: Sheffield United ... possibly. But then we would never hear the end of it from West Brom fans.
Being charitable to a direct competitor? No

These people are running businesses. Also what about Villa's immediate competitors, do they think we should get a bite at the three points.

Edited by fruitvilla

It was a great night for the club and what is doing, and what we stand for.

i don't watch the youth, just hear snippets from OBE and SGC.....but Wow, that shocked me.

I know its one game and consistency is key......but all those players showed they have it, if they work hard.....any doubts any of them had about themselves, should be washed away....They can make it......they just have to make it happen.

I would suspect there will be more surprises amongst the first team coaching staff after that....not just us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was a great night for the club and what is doing, and what we stand for.

i don't watch the youth, just hear snippets from OBE and SGC.....but Wow, that shocked me.

I know its one game and consistency is key......but all those players showed they have it, if they work hard.....any doubts any of them had about themselves, should be washed away....They can make it......they just have to make it happen.

I would suspect there will be more surprises amongst the first team coaching staff after that....not just us.

tbh, when they went in at half time at 1-1, i couldnt help but think......if the Aston Villa senior team had gone it at half time with a 1-1, i would have been happy........that pretty much says it all for the youth lads.

Amazing performance from them.

• Like 1

Â