Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

21 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Honestly, get these kids onto the bench once we know we're not getting relegated. They're better than a lot of the deadwood we have. Ramsey has benefitted a lot from playing and I'm sure the others will also benefit. I'd rather have Barry on the bench than Davis, for a start.

Keinan "should be playing for Real Madrid" Davis? 5 goals a season and the lad will win the Ballon d'Or :DΒ 

• Haha 1

Few of my mates were giving it on the WhatsApp group. My response after we scored was

"these are our 16-18 year olds. Be afraid when these kids become men they're going to be smashing your £1bn  squads all over the park" they soon shut up 🀣.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Keinan "should be playing for Real Madrid" Davis? 5 goals a season and the lad will win the Ballon d'Or :DΒ 

Stoke wanted him on loan and I think we should ship him out at the end of the window and let Barry take his place at least until Wesley is fully fit.Β 

So many different emotions after the game tonight.

So proud of our young players,some of them will hopefully make their way into our first team.

Klopp is someone I previously had a lot of respect for but after seeing his pre match interview I saw a cold ruthless guy trying to avenge the 7-2.Playing a pretty much full strength premier league winners against a group of 18 year olds lacks class in my opinion.

Especially someone who is consistently moaning about fixture congestion and player tiredness.He wanted to demolish us.I did think before the game we would have been better to forfeit the game.But actually I think it’s been good for us to see some of these players.

Barry had 1 chance and he took it surperbly.That’s got to be a good sign.

Only sadness is this year we have the team to go on a cup run and don’t have to worry about relegation or promotion.

Such a weird set if circumstances but I'm so, so proud and absolutely chuffed for the lads. Called upon with basically no warning and then fed to the best team in the world, to perform like that is amazing.Β 

4-0 would have been great as well but what a fantastic Villa moment for us to score that goal. Absolutely terrific ball through and a finish that Kane or Vardy would be pleased with.Β 

Buzzing.Β 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

As was said on the match thread loved the Referees smile to Barry when he scored the goal!

The referee was actually superb I thought. Let the game flow, made the correct decision with the disallowed goal which was a bit tricky with an obstructed view and which initially looked a bit like a fumble from an inexperienced keeper.

Kind of nice to be playing without VAR as well...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The referee was actually superb I thought. Let the game flow, made the correct decision with the disallowed goal which was a bit tricky with an obstructed view and which initially looked a bit like a fumble from an inexperienced keeper.

Kind of nice to be playing without VAR as well...

Completely agree about the no VAR interference, but VAR was there wasn't it? At least the commentators said so

Great effort from the young lions and a fantastic finish from Barry, but I can't help but feel aggrieved we seem to have been forced to effectively throw a tournament we had a realistic chance of going far in.

I understand the fixture congestion and the lack of space to squeeze in a rearranged game but we could've played it on the day of the 4th round as has been done in the past when there were replays. The issue seemed to be Liverpool's CL commitments. That being the case it would appear that we took a hit to do Liverpool a favour as they couldn't fit the game in otherwise.

If we were doing the decent thing by avoiding a headache for everyone concerned, then surely Liverpool could've agreed to not play anyone from their first team squad either? I know we had a similar situation reversed last season but that was a different set of circumstances in my view.

Anyway, what's done is done but it leaves a bitter taste and will do even moreso if they end up going all the way.

• Like 3

I honesty do not think I have or will celebrate a goal as joyously as yesterday, even Grotbags was up on her feet. Well done lads you have made a cynical old fool more happy than you could ever believe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚