Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

Seeing how difficult it was at times with it being men against boys made me realise what a rare breed Wayne Rooney was at just 16. You can see the potential of Barry with that finish, but he needs to develop that upper body strength before he can start thinking about first team football. I definitely think Bridge will make it and I loved the tenacity of Sylla, who never stopped trying. 

The future certainly looks rosy. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's a lot of senior strikers wouldn't have scored that goal. I can see a clamour to have Barry on the bench sooner rather than later, given how light we are up top, and after tonight it's that bit harder to disagree.

With nine subs and our lack of depth up front I don't see how he isn't on the bench next league match, whenever that is. 

Incredibly proud of the team tonight, great effort and plenty of skill out there on the pitch. Liverpool paid us the respect they deserved by playing Salah, Mane, Thiago, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade Chamberlain etc.

Great finish by Barry and the defenders put everything on the line getting in blocks wherever they could.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

There's a lot of senior strikers wouldn't have scored that goal. I can see a clamour to have Barry on the bench sooner rather than later, given how light we are up top, and after tonight it's that bit harder to disagree.

He was cramping at the 50 minute mark. Definitely is not ready for the physical demands of the senior game, yet.  Can't deny the talent though. That was a flawless run and finish. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Seeing how difficult it was at times with it being men against boys made me realise what a rare breed Wayne Rooney was at just 16. You can see the potential of Barry with that finish, but he needs to develop that upper body strength before he can start thinking about first team football. I definitely think Bridge will make it and I loved the tenacity of Sylla, who never stopped trying. 

The future certainly looks rosy. 

Agreed, his goal was very intelligent work by him though.

Didn't try to physically barge or compete with defender.

Used his smaller stature and pace to run UNDER him and break away lol

• Like 1

Â