Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s all just becoming a big mess now. If Sunday is off then we’re heading towards a humongous fixture pile up. Something has got to give. 

i think a fixture pile-up is the least of our worries.

Could well have the league postponed, or some of the lads suffer with long COVID, etc.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

shitting crikey. We're going to have a horror march or april 

We don't currently have a single midweek game in either month.

We'll be okay depending on when Spurs get to play their fixture. It might well be that we end up needing to play on Saturday, then Monday, then Saturday because Monday is the only day Spurs can do. 

For us, this is easy, we're not in any cup competitions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Enda said:

i think a fixture pile-up is the least of our worries.

Could well have the league postponed, or some of the lads suffer with long COVID, etc.

Yeah that’s the major concern, let’s hope they all pull through safe and well with their health intact. 

• Like 1

People saying we'll be OK I hope you are right.

I worry if even one or two of our players take longer to recover we will really struggle with the amount of games left to play.

What's to say somewhere down the line one or two of our future opponents get an outbreak in their camps?

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

What's to say somewhere down the line one or two of our future opponents get an outbreak in their camps?

That’s almost guaranteed unless they give footballers the vaccine soon

Apparently we didn’t officially request the Spurs game be postponed until Saturday which is why Fulham are spitting feathers because it led to their late notice about their rearrangement. It is probably why we are putting in an early request re the Everton game. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of us, we could fit another six games into March/April by playing in the midweeks.

We're not the problem - it'll be if we have cancellation from the teams that are in Europe and still in the FA Cup.

Hopefully they can have some more flexibility in terms of when we play each team. If we can move games with teams in other competitions to weekends and then the others in the week it  may work out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mark359 said:

Hopefully they can have some more flexibility in terms of when we play each team. If we can move games with teams in other competitions to weekends and then the others in the week it  may work out 

We can, but for Spurs or Man City, unless they drop out of a cup, they're already all out of midweek gaps. If City reach the FA Cup semi final, then we'll be at the mercy of when they can fit in our second league game.

Was the Newcastle training ground shut for 10 days? I guess point we're making is we can't assess how everyone is as a group until we get them all back into the building and do tests and training. Dangerous to just go into a game with little training.

Was wanting the game on but guess it will be Man. City away and then surely Newcastle the following Saturday.

We'll just be playing every 3 days for the next month although things then ease up from late Feb through March so will just have to catch up then.

We can certainly play Everton on a european night and let's not forget Everton-Spurs could very easily be 5th round weekend so we can play whichever gets knocked out when the quarter finals get played although normally there's a full round of prem fixtures on that weekend.

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

shitting crikey. We're going to have a horror march or april 

There's five midweeks free in March. Only problem I guess is Spurs will be playing every midweek of that if they keep winning in europa and FA cup.

Shouldn't be a problem to play Everton in that period though.

Hopefully everyone is o.k and we can resume serious training early next week and then we can at least get the Man. City and Newcastle games done so we're "only" two games behind most teams.

• Like 1

Â