VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

Prince Phillip taken to hospital again after feeling unwell.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I hope he makes a full recovery. I haven't got him in the deadpool and dying at 99 is really annoying. 

I've also just started watching the crown and it's made me like him (well, the completely polished, fictional version of him anyway).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Prince Phillip taken to hospital again after feeling unwell.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I hope he makes a full recovery. I haven't got him in the deadpool and dying at 99 is really annoying. 

I've also just started watching the crown and it's made me like him (well, the completely polished, fictional version of him anyway).

Wont get a day off work to commiserate during lockdown 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wont get a day off work to commiserate during lockdown 

I assume they will restrict attendance at the funeral to 15 people, in accordance with the rules, same as the rest of us?  😕

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Rest in piss you son of a bitch.

I’d never heard of him, but I’ve just read about a radio segment of his in the 80s called ‘aids update’ where read out the names of aids victims and mocked their deaths.

So yeah, I hope he suffered.

I read about the Michael j fox stuff and yeah he sounds like a massive word removed

So therefore not surprised he has one of the highest listened to radio shows in America, being a massive word removed sells

Did he believe his own shit or like the like sof Katie Hopkins did he just spout bollocks against the grain in order to steal more minutes in the limelight? 

30 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’d never heard of him, but I’ve just read about a radio segment of his in the 80s called ‘aids update’ where read out the names of aids victims and mocked their deaths.

So yeah, I hope he suffered.

As with most things in life, if I can relate it back to the classic era Simpsons, I will.

Limbaugh was the main inspiration for the character Birch Barlow, in the episode where Sideshow Bob becomes mayor of Springfield.

However objectionable Birch is, he at least has the decency of being fictitious.

• Like 2

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/rush-limbaugh-consent_n_57fee9aae4b0e8c198a6076d?ri18n=true

Rush Limbaugh dismissed the concept of sexual consent on Wednesday, and mocked what he called the “rape police.”  

“You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element,” the conservative talk show host said in comments posted online by Media Matters. “Do you know what it is? Consent.”

“If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it’s perfectly fine, whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there’s no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.”

Limbaugh was attempting to make an argument for “moral standards” while at the same time dismissing the concept of consent. At one point, he even claimed “consent” somehow meant people could have sex with animals. 

“If you could get the dog to consent with you, if you can get the horse to consent, we got no problem with it,” Rush said. “And they don’t! So morality has been boiled down to consent, is my point, and it’s true.”

Limbaugh has railed against consent before, claiming it “takes all the romance out of everything.” 

“How many of you guys in your own experience with women have learned that ‘no’ means ‘yes,’ if you know how to spot it?” Rush said in 2014. “It used to be used as a cliché.”

Limbaugh kicked off the whole right wing talk radio movement and grievance politics accented by personal attacks that fueled the tribalism and Democrats/liberars-are-the-enemy mindset that Trump ultimately rode to power.  His listener base was Homer Simpson as @Mark Albrighton illustrated above, and that's the main source of the willful ignorance and fanatical devotion that's responsible for the shitshow on the Right over here right now.

• Like 1

Re: Phil the Greek. If i was 99 and ill, but didn't have Covid, the last place i'd want to go is hospital! Pretty certain to pick it up there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Re: Phil the Greek. If i was 99 and ill, but didn't have Covid, the last place i'd want to go is hospital! Pretty certain to pick it up there. 

He must be able to have unlimited amounts of medical observation at the palace if he wanted it. Must be more to it.

Edited by Genie

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

He’s not in the local University Hospital though, is he. They have doormen wearing tail coats and top hats.