Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

It does add to the frustration ever so slightly about the paused/shelved North Stand plans.

We really do need to bring VP up to standards.

Not really let's see the plans first before we get rattled 😜 

Will be interesting to see the plans.

I can see this being more about getting the city a big stadium to host events/concerts etc than it is being a Small Heath stadium. Assuming the owners will own it and not the club, it will be interesting to see what happens when they come to sell as the stadium (if it is as big as rumoured) might be worth a lot more than the club itself.

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s confirmed by the Bham Mail that they have bought the Wheels site and are building a new “super stadium”.

The word super is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. 

The super D W Stadium Wigan. The super Pride Park stadium Derby. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The word super is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. 

The super D W Stadium Wigan. The super Pride Park stadium Derby. 

Tinpot Park more like.

If you can't sell out 28k what hope you got with 60k

NFL and Concerts maybe.

50 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Will be interesting to see the plans.

I can see this being more about getting the city a big stadium to host events/concerts etc than it is being a Small Heath stadium. Assuming the owners will own it and not the club, it will be interesting to see what happens when they come to sell as the stadium (if it is as big as rumoured) might be worth a lot more than the club itself.

Yh. Wagner has said that is a stadium that will welcome all fans even if they support a rival club/team.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:
20:57, Tue 26 Mar
 Waggeh
Waggeh
Blues confirmed as absolutely bastarding massive.

Wonderful news 👍🏻

Wow.....
Up the feckin Blues

These cabbages live in a CenterParks-style bubble where they don't see 140 years of shit and failure, just the good times that are "around the corner".

Mate :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

It's apparently going to be not one stadium but several all linked by 'sky-bridges', the idea being that it will be some sort of Sporting complex hosting different sporting events - 'The Sports Quarter' I think they're calling it, they say they want to attract the best athletes from all over the globe, I think some sort housing project has also been mentioned, as part of the proposed development and a Peaky Blinders living museum 'living experience' type thing.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yh. Wagner has said that is a stadium that will welcome all fans even if they support a rival club/team.

Good to know that they have grasped the concept of away fans, they just need to try filling the home end too now

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Coventry couldn’t afford the rent so were kicked out.

Not quite as simple as that, but kind of the gist. SISU tried a few tricks with the council and the Alan Higgs charity, who owned the training ground and they backfired, hence they ended up playing at Northampton Town and their club shop was a caravan. Hilarious times all round. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes they'll just move over some of the asbestos-ridden parts of the Sty.

I hope they don’t forget putting exercise bikes in the ladies toilets

11 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Tinpot Park more like.

If you can't sell out 28k what hope you got with 60k

NFL and Concerts maybe.

JLR open days?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

I think some sort housing project has also been mentioned, as part of the proposed development and a Peaky Blinders living museum 'living experience' type thing.

A housing project is a lot of additional money but a reliable stream of revenue. But by the time they've built this stadium, Peaky Blinders is going to have been off-air for about a decade, hard to see many people being interested. Maybe Wagner can try and get the financing for a spin-off movie or something. 

Â