Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As a kid watching matches on TV I always thought Highfield Road was a cool stadium full of character, it still wouldn't look out of date compared to some grounds in the top two tiers.

It was in 1977 when we had 3/4 of it

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

500 mil right, so Shitehead are going to liquidate a 20th of their entire portfolio to build some two bob tinpot shit pit of a club a half a billion pound stadium. Sure thing

It would be really funny to be fair. Stuck in League 1 with 7k attendances and becoming the first "Super Stadium" in the country to close three out of four stands out of a lack of demand.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

It would be really funny to be fair. Stuck in League 1 with 7k attendances and becoming the first "Super Stadium" in the country to close three out of four stands out of a lack of demand.

Makes a change from closing 3 stands for asbestos and dodgy wiring 😂

• Haha 3

I think the suggestion is that they intend to build it as a national sports stadium to host more than just their games, but bigger sporting events too, they're saying that they're investing a lot in the city not just the club itself. They've already partnered up with American professional sports and commercial real estate giants The Oak View Group. Presuming they survive this season, will be interesting to see if they build a team to match these ambitions, as if serious about all this crap then you would think they will want to put together a team capable of getting to the Premier League as soon as possible, it's what they're fans will be expecting too

On 27/03/2024 at 12:04, GlobalVillan said:

That club has never even developed never mind redeveloped. I certainly wont be casting envious eyes at that shower of s***. 

We are in the Quarter Finals of a European competition and sat 4th in the Premier League.

What a club fighting relegation to league one are up to is irrelevant in every sense.

You sound rattled. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, meregreen said:

They’re a hedge fund. Those 10 billion in assets belong to their investors. The noses seem to be under the illusion the money is just available to them. It ain’t. Hedge funds don’t operate like that.

Yep, and their investors would laugh them out of the room for investing their money in this.  Tell them to go and buy a few more Apple shares instead. 

QPR aren't great, but could have scored at least three, forced Ruddy into a good save, hit the post, and had a good chance that their player blazed over, and as I compose this they miss another good chance, header goes straight to the keeper

19 minutes ago, useless said:

QPR aren't great, but could have scored at least three, forced Ruddy into a good save, hit the post, and had a good chance that their player blazed over, and as I compose this they miss another good chance, header goes straight to the keeper

It's the kind of game Blues will score off a deflected shot off someone's backside and get a 1 nil win...

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

They’re a hedge fund. Those 10 billion in assets belong to their investors. The noses seem to be under the illusion the money is just available to them. It ain’t. Hedge funds don’t operate like that.

Exactly. Wes and his partners sold Fortress Investment Group to Softbank for $3.3bn in 2017, when they were managing about $70bn worth of assets.

15 minutes ago, calcifer said:

It's the kind of game Blues will score off a deflected shot off someone's backside and get a 1 nil win...

Scored with their first shot on target, which took just over an hour.

Wedmesday, Huddersfield and Plymouth will save these turds from flushing.

• Sad 1

Â