Newcastle potential ‘Covid Outbreak’

chappy

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't want us to play them if they could contaminate us too - surely there's a risk to our 1st eleven?

They will all have tests now, those that test negative can play against us. 

On 29/11/2020 at 23:44, VillaChris said:

Think the rules put in place by Uefa at start of season are if you have 14 available first team players you have to play the game.  Very harsh though and I wouldn't have an issue game being called off if this outbreak is as bad as being reported.

We're at disadvantage anywhere having 72 hours less to prepare than Newcastle would without covid outbreak anyway.

That is what I thought too. I have to admit that if it's the rules, then we play, irrespective of whether it's harsh or not. 

8 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

From the telegraph:

It is also understood that there are huge concerns within Newcastle that player welfare is being put at risk if they cannot prepare properly for the trip to Villa Park. They also think they are being put at an unfair disadvantage, as manager Steve Bruce may not be able to work on anything specific in terms of tactics and team shape ahead of the clash with his former employers.

Aston Villa target high-profile appointment after sacking Steve Bruce |  Football | The Guardian 

They can't prepare properly, they think they are being disadvantaged, it is not fair and Brucie has found some cunning tactics? Sob on the Tyne (again)!:rolleyes: 

9 hours ago, AJ said:

What a crock of shite. Make them play.

Due to the schedule we have 3 days less to prepare, and what is this rubbish from Bruce that he needs time to implement his tactics? What bloody tactics? Roll your socks up and hoof it? You dont need three days for that.

Deciding which kebab sauce. Pita or no pita. Salad or not.

The big tactical decisions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Deciding which kebab sauce. Pita or no pita. Salad or not.

The big tactical decisions.

These decisions are ingrained in him, it’s an automatic choice - garlic Mayo (chilli is for foriners), naan bread (pitta is for girls, and 100% Bruce would go for your throat if you even hinted at suggesting he have salad on it. 

I'd be very surprised if this game doesn't go ahead. The needs of TV and the pressures of the footballing calendar this year will make it very difficult for it not to happen. I'm sure Newcastle will be unhappy if forced to put out a weakened team, and I sympathise with them, but I don't think there's another option available - if they decided not to do that, then I'd assume they'd be asked to forfeit.

• Like 2

lets hope they arent only able to field 10 men.

If they do......we are nailed on to lose.....

in a serious sense, they should field a team, if they cant, they win should go to the other team (us), im sure that how it is currently working in other leagues.

• Like 1

We need these points. Be just our luck its called off and we have no game to bounce back in after last nights frustration. Then we drop more places and have to watch all the other games losing any momentum and feeling of injustice that we would have taken into a nice game like Newcastle at home.

Praying they are made to play with their 3rd string and we finally get the double figure goals win that we deserved against the champions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

According to social media ITK's etc... the 4 positive tests are Hayden, Krafth, Lascelles and Carroll.

Not sure how important they are to Newcastle's starting 11?

Lascelles is their main CB I think. Plus Carroll seems to enjoy playing against us. Tis a big bonus if true. No idea on Hayden and Krafth. 

The worst possible thing fr us is Bruce not being able to drill Bruce-ball tactics this week and the Newcastle players just playing their natural game on Friday. They'll be like liberated prisoners, running free and unshackled for the first time in years. Joelinton hat-trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Example in La Liga of team being made to play when they had 10 out:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/09/ravaged-by-covid-and-beaten-by-real-sociedad-granadas-cautionary-tale

hen kick-off finally came around on Sunday, Granada were without their manager, assistant manager, matchday delegate and physio. They didn’t have their captain, vice-captain or goalkeeper. They didn’t have the second keeper either, or the third, or the fourth. Most of all they didn’t have a choice. And by the time the final whistle went on a game they hadn’t wanted to play they didn’t have a team – not a legal one, anyway. When the match finished, there were only four members of the senior squad on the pitch and that breaks the rules, which is why this still might not have ended yet.

Didn't Donestk also have to play Real Madrid without most of their first team.

Got a feeling given neither of us are in europe they'll call if off though.

14 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

They also think they are being put at an unfair disadvantage, as manager Steve Bruce may not be able to work on anything specific in terms of tactics and team shape ahead of the clash with his former employers.

laugh share GIF

Edited by fightoffyour