Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

We've been great going forward without putting the ball in the net and at the other end we're deciding we don't really fancy defending. It's going to be one of those games.

2-0 Brighton is nailed on. 

Unfortunately I agree. My feeling is that we won't create so many chances second half. It'll be dull and then they run away from Targett and score.

mcginn and targett struggling...no complaints with the others. keep going lads

trez and cash excellent...they were tearing them apart on the right. targetts limitations forced trez over the left annoyingly

Just now, Spoony said:

Jeez why so negative?? We’ve been playing pretty well. Midfield is doing well other than McGinn

we've played well, but I just have that feeling we'll **** up and lose this. As I feared before the game. I'm always negative during games tbh. Never confident when we've gone down against a good side

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Thought we played tomorrow, so only seen the last 8 minutes.

Can see traore is on, that doesn't bode well as he doesn't seem to have pace or hard work in him. 

Prove me wrong traore.

I thought he’s been alright since he came, done his bit for the team

• Like 3

Grealish, Trez and Bert have done well. Watkins was too slow to react on a couple of occasions. McGinn is anonymous and when he does get the ball he's invariably given it away. Targett was stupid for sticking an arm in Maupay's face because Lamptey is going to run at him non-stop in the second half and will have to be at his best if he doesn't want to see red. 

Mings has been poor. Defended poorly and had a clear chance in front of goal and messed it up. 

Entertaining half and we definitely have offensive weapons.  If we can be more disciplined at back in the 2nd half, I envision at least a draw.  Frustrating part is that we seem to lose that extra focus for the lower tier clubs. No way Mings would have been so far up if we were playing Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Really enjoying this game, think we're good value for the draw and hopefully even the victory. Trez and Grealish looking great, McGinn looking awful.

Wouldn't really mind even if we lost though, I watch football to be entertained at the end of the day.

I watch Villa games to see Villa win. That entertains me much more than nice play.

Just now, IrishVillain said:

McGinn has shown some lovely touches and vision, not sure he's that far off the pace. If he had the game you think he's having this time last year he'd have been a MOTM contender. :D

Nah can’t agree, this has been a very poor showing from him today.

In the beginning it looked like we played in a new way at the back when going forward, setting up with Konsa in the midddle, Mings to the left and Cash to the right, I guess it was to make more space for Jack further up. Think it looked good, but it was also what caused the goal, Konsa was too far forward and so was Mings, a big gap jsut appeared in our defence, if we play that way Konsa must fall back more and have a safty distance for these through balls

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Barkley out has been huge. 

I don't really think that it has. He's only really kicked into gear for us when we've been ahead, he starts most games slow, so I can't see him having given us much out there that Traoré hasn't given us so far.

• Like 1