Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Far,far too open as a team.

Brightons tactics are so fundamental, yet we are struggling with them.

defensively, woeful......could easily be a repeat of the southampton half time score.

our own misses have been very unlucky, but that sometimes happens, hence can't be too open.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I have to laugh at the calls for Conor instead of McGinn, like he is the footballing reincarnation of Rui Costa. He's benched for a reason. Memories of **** goldfish here.

Your straw man is a bit obvious here - nobody has compared him to Rui Costa or even close.

He gives us a set piece threat, whereas McGinn is giving us nothing at all at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Weird take. Maybe because McGinn has been terrible and so far off the pace? I’m not a Hourihane fan at all but I’d take him (and probably anyone) over this version McGinn all day. 

Then Hourihane comes on and passes the ball from side to side, back to defence. Zero bravery on it and at FT it will be " ah Hourihane is useless " . It's like the longer he stays out of the team, the better he gets. Jesus wept. 

• Confused 1

If we score early 2nd half i think brighton will start getting nervous.

But i can see us attacking leaving ourselves exposed at the back and a sucker punch 2-0.

Losing to bloody leeds southampton and brighton at home is really poor.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Your straw man is a bit obvious here - nobody has compared him to Rui Costa or even close.

He gives us a set piece threat, whereas McGinn is giving us nothing at all at the moment.

Didn’t he only get one assist last season from set pieces? Or am I mistaken?

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I watch Villa games to see Villa win. That entertains me much more than nice play.

Each to their own. But if what happens in the actual game doesn't entertain you, why not just read the scores in the paper the next day an do a little fist pump to yourself if we win?

4 minutes ago, smg said:

After 8 minutes you decide that !!!

After watching his cameos that is all I can judge him on. And from what I've seen, he doesn't have the pace I thought he would have, and so far hasn't worked for the team very hard.

So I presume you disagree and think he is rapid and works hard for the team ?

Great, welcome to the world of different opinions.

• Haha 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Then Hourihane comes on and passes the ball from side to side, back to defence. Zero bravery on it and at FT it will be " ah Hourihane is useless " . It's like the longer he stays out of the team, the better he gets. Jesus wept. 

Again, ridiculous take in my opinion. No one has implied he is amazing or “got better” as you put it, you’ve just invented that yourself. McGinn has lost the ball at every single opportunity. Hourihane won’t come on and play a blinder but he won’t be any worse, and we could use his set piece ability in a game like this. 

• Like 2

We've been the better side, but there was always a chance that we'd lose today, despite our good start to the season we can't get ahead of ourselves, we're still a team that's capable of losing to any other team in the division, and this won't be last time we lose this season to so a so called 'lesser' team, these kind of results are inevitable, not just for us but pretty much every team in the league.

• Like 1