Match Thread: Villa v Brighton

limpid

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Thought we played tomorrow, so only seen the last 8 minutes.

Can see traore is on, that doesn't bode well as he doesn't seem to have pace or hard work in him. 

Prove me wrong traore.

After 8 minutes you decide that !!!

We’ve been good. Should be up by a couple and out of sight. Football doesn’t always work like that, though. If you had to point fingers, McGinn’s been kind of off, and both Konsa and Mings have had lapses, but mostly you have to blame lady luck. Let’s hope we can come back and win. I know we are good enough. Let’s hope we’re also lucky enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I have to laugh at the calls for Conor instead of McGinn, like he is the footballing reincarnation of Rui Costa. He's benched for a reason. Memories of **** goldfish here.

Weird take. Maybe because McGinn has been terrible and so far off the pace? I’m not a Hourihane fan at all but I’d take him (and probably anyone) over this version McGinn all day. 

• Like 2

Dont deserve to be losing here, but you have to wonder how much the loss of Barclay is being felt in the midfield.

Traore looks ok on the ball but lacks the nous to play the position. He may be better served to push right up with Watkins.

Helluva game. Should be about 3-3. You can’t defend like we did for their first goal and expect to get away with it. 

McGinn, Mings and Watkins have been atrocious. 

Grealish, Traore, Cash and Trezeguet (apart from the awful miss) have all done well. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Why was Mings so high up the pitch for their throw in? 

He does need a rollicking from the manager for that one, so it doesn't happen again. Smith seems too nice to go in hard on someone like Ty though.