Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

Got to wonder how they have the money considering they u-turned on benrahma from buy to loan with option at the last minute.

Well they just got £25m for Haller and a substantial wage off the books. 

When Moyes says "big offers" he probably means "we're testing the water on a bunch of players as only West Ham could do"....

They are one of the clubs rumored to be interested in Josh King (along with us) but he is asking for £120k/w apparently and Bournemouth also want a solid fee even thou he's out of contract in the summer.

Not sure that counts as a big offer but I suspect it does.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

With regard to sanson or someone like him could quite easily be in the first 11 I think, we really lack any quality beyond the first 11.

If barkley is injured and we play a 433 we need a 6 and two 8s, Luiz could be the 6 and mcginn and someone like sanson the two 8s.

With barkley injured we effectively had to move grealish central to cover, with someone like sanson we could have a midfield 3 of mcginn, luiz, sanson, and a front 3 of grealish, watkins, traore.

If we played a 4231 either sanson or mcginn could play the AM role. (Again if barkley injured or whatever)

Also let's not forget we don't actually own barkley. 

Also sanson could cover the DM role if mcginn or Luiz are absent for whatever reason.

Sanson seems a versatile player, a bit like mcginn tbh. 

that exact what i think too.

In my thinking;- I would Get Brook or Olise for cover Traores in left Attacker (they can play ACM so good position and flexible changing during tactical interchanging if we play them start as ACM) and in summer we might need look replacement El-Ghazi / Trezeguet to challenge Jack - ready replacement him or Rid of Both for better player, I don't mind keep El Ghazi as Challenge Grealish for now, even Trezeguet too but we can't afford to keep both.

As we has Grealish (El Ghazi) in Left Side, Traore (Brook) in Right.

(with no Marvellous and Houriance - as they in motion to left but maybe i am wrong) 

McGinn-Luiz-Samson / Ramsey-??-Carey C 

McGinn-Barkley-Luiz / Samson-Ramsey-??? 

it is look bad back up as we plan to replacement Marvellous -> ??? (Swift?) any suggest good young DM with ball techinical ? and Houriance -> Samson it is would be very good replacement both of them (much better in my opinion) more strong as Squad building.

we might need look at Left Back for replace Taylor (or no need as Rowe?) - Henry? problem Herny will need 1st team which we has Targett which is great player for us.. better play them now to used tactical and ready for next season once Taylor left for free and Striker, i think we need look at short term - Loan or Free Transfer give them 6 months -1 half years contract? Wesley back but I don't want gamble on Wesley and Watkins need good challenger maybe mentor? Costa? Pato? Mandzukic? (Prefer Mandzukic or 2nd choice Costa) give them chance to rebuild to represent high level after left us or play one big season before move USA or China for last cheers to retired.

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

When Moyes says "big offers" he probably means "we're testing the water on a bunch of players as only West Ham could do"....

Forgotten about Haller tbf 🤦‍♂️ 

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No such player exists mate, sorry :D 

Jack is so self driven, he don't need challenging.....he has a temperment like Andy Gray was, who are always looking to better themselves.

They challenge themselves.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think they have swum the ocean getting that...despite the huge loss on fee.

3 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

Got to wonder how they have the money considering they u-turned on benrahma from buy to loan with option at the last minute.

Interesting I missed that, I thought they brought him. Do you know if they are obligated to buy him in the summer?

Nevermind I looked it up It is understood West Ham have paid £4m to sign Benrahma on loan and have agreed to make the deal permanent at the end of the season for £21m, plus £5m in add-ons.

Edited by paul514
Update

Benrahma hasn't really set the world alight in the way anybody would've hoped. But same could be said for Bowen, Fornals and Haller. I just don't think Moyes knows how to get the best out of those players.

I'd still like Benrahma. I wonder if they'd let us buy him for that £21m in the summer, still think he has a higher ceiling than any of AEG, Trez and Traore

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Benrahma hasn't really set the world alight in the way anybody would've hoped. But same could be said for Bowen, Fornals and Haller. I just don't think Moyes knows how to get the best out of those players.

I'd still like Benrahma. I wonder if they'd let us buy him for that £21m in the summer, still think he has a higher ceiling than any of AEG, Trez and Traore

We might be looking for higher caliber players than him come summertime.

• Like 2