Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Arsenal linked a few months back it seems

tbh, when a players doesnt even look "that good" in their highlight reel, its a little concerning......will trust Deano tho if he wants him.

tbh.....cant see it would actually be us in for him, but eh.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree but we can't give up on Wesley after Half a season and an injury. Do I think we are at a point to have 3 £20m+ strikers? Not yet. But I agree with your point

I agree, definitely not giving up on Wes.  

I think we are close to having to have 3 £20m strikers, or that is our next step.  We essentially have 3 forward positions and currently only Jack and Watkins are first names on the team sheet.  Traore, Trez, El Ghazi are interchangeable so far with Wes to come back.  

You could say that’s enough but additionally you can easily see something missing outside of Watkins, maybe a Fox in the box or a big target man or a real speed merchant.  All three would give us additional different dimension so if a player had one of them we should be interested.

Also depending on injuries, suspensions or form we could at any point be without Jack or Watkins.  Watkins can also play wide if needed, so aside from from him we are a bit light in the box because even Wes drops deep to collect the ball (although this could be false because he was playing in a poor team).

I just think if something happens to Watkins we are struggling (with it unknown when Wes will be back up to full speed).

• Like 1

Sanson is a very good player, and so I'd be delighted if we sign him. That said, I'm a little surprised that it's a CM we're after, as it's the position we're best stocked in. Sanson is very much "starting" quality, but then so are Dougie, McGinn, and Barkley, not to mention Jack if needed! So it'd be very interesting to see the plan here. Having said that, I'll never say no to a good player joining, so hopefully it gets done

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Sanson is a very good player, and so I'd be delighted if we sign him. That said, I'm a little surprised that it's a CM we're after, as it's the position we're best stocked in. Sanson is very much "starting" quality, but then so are Dougie, McGinn, and Barkley, not to mention Jack if needed! So it'd be very interesting to see the plan here. Having said that, I'll never say no to a good player joining, so hopefully it gets done

Remember when we were  well stocked at Right back and Keeper?

I've never trusted a board and management as much as I do now.

Wouldn't surprise me if there were outs, maybe even one we never expected.

They have also, always said if a good opportunity came to improve the squad, they would take it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not. This signing Barkley on a permanent is crazy stuff and we need to take a step back and take stock before we consider that one. Played some very good games, had some stinkers too against Leeds and Southampton. If Chelsea want to sell, that shouldn't be reason enough to buy. You'd want the physio's and medics to have a big input on this one. What's best for the club.