Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's the correct call and a brave one to make after 20 minutes.

Counterpoint: it's not. Smith has trusted in McGinn and Luiz when booked early in matches. But you're welcome to think that, I just disagree with the management philosophy.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Incredible how much Bielsa get out of average players

In his last season Alex Ferguson won the league with Rafael, Johnny Evans and Tom Cleverley all starting over 20 games. So please spare us this nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

You'd wonder does McGinn have 2 games a week in him. The drop is noticeable - from when he's really on it.

I don't wonder. the bloke looked shagged by the 25th minute. He simply does not have the fitness to maintain the intensity he tries to play with.

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Leeds at their best and we are at about 75%, turn it on second half and its our game. I think we have seen the best Leeds have to offer and its not good enough.

No way are we at 75%. I think we havent even stepped up a gear yet

Leeds just shading it for me but could still go either way. 

Their work rate and speed has been very impressive to be fair (begrudgingly). 

Trez has been very poor, but I'm not sure Traore is the option to replace him.. yet. Think we might be left even more open down the left hand side. 

I know it won't happen and I know it won't be wanted on here but I would be thinking about Davis up top Watkins from wide and Trez off. I think the extra strength and muscle up top will help us get more of the ball.

Anyway, need a big half or we will lose this COME ON VILLA 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The Leeds jizz fest on the commentary is embarrassing. You'd think they were the home team!

I’m watching on Bein Sports and it’s been entirely Villa tbh.

warnock commentating, pre-game was all about us and included a long special about Petrov 👍

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Counterpoint: it's not. Smith has trusted in McGinn and Luiz when booked early in matches. But you're welcome to think that, I just disagree with the management philosophy.

I think the lad would've got sent off in the game if he stayed on - he was certainly playing that way.  But you're welcome to think he'd have suddenly become more disciplined and that it was the wrong call to sub him.

Just now, NoelVilla said:

In his last season Alex Ferguson won the league with Rafael, Johnny Evans and Tom Cleverley all starting over 20 games. So please spare us this nonsense.

It's nonsense because it was bettered by the best manager in English football history? Get a grip. Bielsa is doing a very good job with the players he has.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

tbf while Phillips is injured this might be a position he doesn't want players missing games at because of bookings.

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Is this some admission that Bielsa is similar to one of the greatest managers ever seen? :D