Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

I think it's fairly even so far. Leeds are pressing more, but it looks like we're set up expecting that to be the case too. I really couldn't say who'll take the win based on the first half, but we both came really close with the goal line clear and Bamford's narrow miss. exciting game! hope we come out with a bit more gusto in the second half and start to apply some pressure on a tiring Leeds backline. UTV!

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Decent game but the commentators are making it unwatchable 

This is why I love WM (yeah I know a lot of you can't access it)

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's a shame Bielsa took the walking red card off he definitely was going to chop himself into the book again. Leeds are well drilled and fast. We need to get closer to Watkins and move from there. 

I still think we should have scored a couple but they've had chances too. I think we were a little slow on the ball and our movement could have been better.

His reaction tells you it's not good man management. Genius though, if the commentators are to be believed.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Could you imagine Bielsa managing Man United with that system instead of what ever it is OGS is doing? That would be incredible to watch. 

it probably would be. I'm happy this is not the case.

• Like 2

Well we are definitely in for a battle and those 3 points won’t come easy.

We need to be more clinical in our play. Thankfully we do have better quality in the final 3rd.

Leeds defensive line do lapse concentration at times and that’s where the game could be won.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Could you imagine Bielsa managing Man United with that system instead of what ever it is OGS is doing? That would be incredible to watch. 

I can imagine a fair few of it’s world superstar international millionaires telling him to do one...

theres a reason he’s never managed at the top table 

• Like 1

It's been a good, competitive game.  I thought we would be comfortable winners before the game but Leeds have been excellent, though I think there were enough openings that we didn't quite exploit that hopefully when Leeds tire a bit will be a bit easier to finish off.  It wasn't a penalty for me, Jack should have just gone for the top corner rather than try and buy a penalty.  Leeds very lucky their midfielder wasn't sent off though.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Not joking, no.

He's done a lot right, and I'd struggle to say he's having a bad game, but he's been caught very narrow quite a few times now.

It's our system but it's leaving him exposed.

We have had the opportunity to isolate Alioski at LB (who is weak defensively) for them but Trez hasn't been good enough to punish him tonight. I'm surprised him and grealish have not swapped wings yet.

• Like 1