Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Mings shakey, and whilst caught out of position a few times, Konsa and Cash have defended well. Luiz has made some crucial interventions. Leeds press very well, but the intensity does slow, we just need to be more combative with the final touch in the final third, we've carved more chances. Bamford has missed two good chances. It feels a lot like the Leicester game.

Leeds really should be down to 10 men, they've gotten away with various other fouls too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Despite Leeds looking the more likely to score, I wonder if we’re holding back and hoping they burn themselves out

it worked for Wolves. I hope we took notice.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Mings shakey, and whilst caught out of position a few times, Konsa and Cash have defended well. Luiz has made some crucial interventions. Leeds press very well, but the intensity does slow, we just need to be more combative with the final touch in the final third, we've carved more chances. Bamford has missed two good chances. It feels a lot like the Leicester game.

Leeds really should be down to 10 men, they've gotten away with various other fouls too.

Is this a joke? 😐 

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Are you joking he has had a great first half

Had a bit of both i thought. Some good things but Harrison has absolutely done him a few times too. Got better as the half went on

Trezeguet not at it so far. Leaving Cash really exposed first half. Leeds have been ferocious without the ball, we've sort of got at them but been happy to sit back and try and hit on the break which isn't working with them as their defenders aren't pushing up so there's little space behind them. Barkley nullified so far. Better last 20 minutes of the half but we needed half time more than Leeds did. Emi is so so good.

• Like 1

Bloody hard to play against. Their shape, movement. Passes stick. When Cash has conceded space to Harrison, we look vulnerable but when he's got tight he has probably made 4 or 5 great tackles too. I underestimated Ayling at CB. Physically handling Watkins in the air.

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

I'll take a draw at this point. Leeds seem faster to most balls. Trez not offering anything going forward or else we might have had a couple of more chances.

I would never take a draw home against Leeds United. You got to be high. 

We're not bloody Doncaster Rovers

• Like 2