Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Had a quick read back at comments in this thread. Amazed at some of the moaning.

excellent half IMO. Both teams look quality. Leeds are fording us to up our game in some areas (Luiz, Grealish, Watkins & Pressing)

Cash playing out of his skin.

Martinez making a big difference.

Id take a draw on this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Had a bit of both i thought. Some good things but Harrison has absolutely done him a few times too. Got better as the half went on

Harrison has played well indeed. Looks to be a threat down that side.

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Had a bit of both i thought. Some good things but Harrison has absolutely done him a few times too. Got better as the half went on

It's a great battle.  They're both playing well - Harrison currently with the edge though.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You clearly are not watching the same game as me then leeds have created various good moves going forward.  What have we done? Every attack is us running into a dead end or a poor pass in the box.

If leeds finishing was better we would be two goald down.

Yes we had moments but Leeds could easily be two ahead but for their finishing. Hopefully they run out of steam and we can snatch it. 

Don’t think I’ve seen a side coached so far above the sum of their parts.
Their shape and press, the runs they make and space they constantly try and exploit but ultimately the quality of their players is championship standard and It shows.

Theyll make one mistake too many and we’ll exploit but we also can’t keep relying on them missing chances.

• Like 1

It's a shame Bielsa took the walking red card off he definitely was going to chop himself into the book again. Leeds are well drilled and fast. We need to get closer to Watkins and move from there. 

I still think we should have scored a couple but they've had chances too. I think we were a little slow on the ball and our movement could have been better.