Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

Arsenal have a much stronger squad than Brighton, and unlike Brighton don't have a recent history of struggling near the relegation zone. Arsenal also have more means to attract better players than Brighton, and all the other teams near the relegation zone.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Arsenal have a much stronger squad than Brighton, and unlike Brighton don't have a recent history of struggling near the relegation zone. Arsenal also have more means to attract better players than Brighton, and all the other teams near the relegation zone.

They may have a bigger squad. But big doesn't mean strong.

Their midfield is terrible. Their defenders are awful. Lacazette couldn't finish his dinner and Auba is terrible this season. Saka is very good. Probably their best player.

12 hours ago, useless said:

Brighton struggling shouldn't surprise anyone they've hovered just above the relegation since they were promoted. 36 points from their last 38 premier league games, so not as if their current form is just a blip.

Think that Arsenal will be okay.

brighton are annoying...overall a pretty shite team but seem to turn into prime barca whenever they come to VP.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I thought we were the far better side on the day tbf

going forward we looked decent but they just seem to unlock us at will. did the same last season.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I thought we were the far better side on the day tbf

Villa had more possession, more shots and looked the better team. We just got done against the run of play, it happens.

They are quite an annoyance though, i'd say that is three points dropped.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, useless said:

Think that Arsenal will be okay.

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t see Arsenal going down. They’re rubbish, don’t get me wrong, but they’ll have enough to survive.

It's mad that we're even talking about the possibility of them being relegated, and it's not even in jest.

It's extra funny considering just a few weeks ago they were part of the Big 6 talking about splitting into a European Super League. Now we have to point out, in total seriousness, that "they'll have enough to survive" a relegation scrap.

How the mighty have fallen.

5 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

It's mad that we're even talking about the possibility of them being relegated

Well they have Southampton, Everton and Chelsea coming up next

It's very realistic they end up with 0 points from that and then the table won't look pretty for them.

16 hours ago, useless said:

I remember last season I got laughed at and ridiculed for this post, not just in the thread it was written in, but it was even being talked about in off topic...

That was when we were seven points from safety with just four games of the season left, and no one believed we could stay up, but because I recognized that form changes and that football can be very unpredictable, I believed we still had a chance.

Was your twin brother posting  in June?:lol:

June 7th:

"

• medal-2.png.251e06657e6b061e416481724b97
  • useless
  • Established Members
  • 16,736 posts

I'll be amazed if we stay up, it's just not going to happen as we're just so poor in every measurable way.

Just curious at what point difference between us and 18th  you'd think there's no need to post anymore in this thread at least regarding our situation to bottom 3, 10, 15, 20 points? There's a fair chance we could be 15 points clear of 18th by Jan 1st I reckon.

Edited by VillaChris

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Well they have Southampton, Everton and Chelsea coming up next

It's very realistic they end up with 0 points from that and then the table won't look pretty for them.

God this would be great.

Sadly also possible they get 6-9 but a poor run for them now would be hilarious

Well obviously July 11th is over a month later than June 7th, in fact June 7th was before the season's restart, so I must have seen something after restart leading up to the last four games that made me believe that we could still stay up and write the memorable sentence... Villa. Not. Yet. Done, or maybe it was just the fact we'd been so poor for so long that surely we must have been due a good spell.

I actually thought we might have won the last five games, that didn't happen, but we did a lot better than most would have predicted, well beaten by Man United, but beat Palace and Arsenal, and were unlucky not to win against West Ham and Everton.

20 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa had more possession, more shots and looked the better team. We just got done against the run of play, it happens.

They are quite an annoyance though, i'd say that is three points dropped.

could cost us the league

On 14/12/2020 at 12:47, tomav84 said:

brighton are annoying...overall a pretty shite team but seem to turn into prime barca whenever they come to VP.

You could say that about almost any bottom 10 side and/or striker etc who as either had an extended goal draught or such against us.

You just know as soon as te commentator says something like  " Phil dogshite has never scored a goal from open play in 150 outings in the Premier league " that dogshite is about to have a blinder with a screamer and a brace. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3