Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They are in trouble if the Bielsa burn out hits

Oh surely not! The messiah does not burn out. Any losses are down to others failing to understand the maverick genius. Which is hardly surprising since he still hasn’t mastered the language of the country he’s lived and worked in for what is it, three years now? 

Kind of feel sorry for Fulham get a good result earlier on and were probably unlucky not to get the three points but still find themselves dropping back into the bottom three. Always had a feeling that Burnley will pull away, so if Fulham are going to stay up they're probably going to hope they can catch either Brighton or Leeds.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Kind of feel sorry for Fulham get a good result earlier on and were probably unlucky not to get the three points but still find themselves dropping back into the bottom three. Always had a feeling that Burnley will pull away, so if Fulham are going to stay up they're probably going to hope they can catch either Brighton or Leeds.

Fulham play Brighton next, a win puts Brighton in the shit

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Or Arsenal.

• Like 1

Brighton struggling shouldn't surprise anyone they've hovered just above the relegation since they were promoted. 36 points from their last 38 premier league games, so not as if their current form is just a blip.

Think that Arsenal will be okay.

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fulham play Brighton next, a win puts Brighton in the shit

Fancy Fulham if that's at home, they're looking pretty decent in attack. Big chance of staying up now if Mitrovic can sort himself out and score a few goals after xmas.

I put a bet on arsenal being relegated just then. Will fetch me a nice return.

Club is a shambles. If they sack Arteta they will probably spend 4 weeks trying to find a replacement during such a busy period.

Also tough to see them picking up any points against Southampton, Everton and Chelsea

Edited by TheMightyVillans
  • Like 1

Nope, if we'd have lost to Wolves, one win in six and the gap between us and the bottom three being cut to seven points when at one point it was 12 plus, and then with a busy schedule to come, and a very difficult end to the season, plus both Fulham and Burnley picking up recently, then it would have been a concern.

Don't understand why some cant understand the obvous distinction between being concerned about us could getting dragged too close to the relegation zone for comfort and thinking we will actually go down.

Of course it looks good now, but that's because we did beat Wolves, which makes my point for me, it's a good job we beat them, would rather be ten points clear of the bottom three than seven point and on a very worrying run of form.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Nope, if we'd have lost to Wolves, one win in six and the gap between us and the bottom three being cut to seven points when at one point it was 12 plus, and then with a busy schedule to come, and a very difficult end to the season, plus both Fulham and Burnley picking up recently, then it would have been a concern.

Don't understand why some cant understand the obvous distinction between being concerned about us could getting dragged too close to the relegation zone for comfort and thinking we will actually go down.

Of course it looks good now, but that's because we did beat Wolves, which makes my point for me, it's a good job we beat them, would rather be ten points clear of the bottom three than seven point and on a very worrying run of form.

We also have 2 games in hand.

Which is highly relevant

• Like 1

I remember last season I got laughed at and ridiculed for this post, not just in the thread it was written in, but it was even being talked about in off topic...

That was when we were seven points from safety with just four games of the season left, and no one believed we could stay up, but because I recognized that form changes and that football can be very unpredictable, I believed we still had a chance.

I can’t see Arsenal going down. They’re rubbish, don’t get me wrong, but they’ll have enough to survive. They were all over Burnley until Xhaka lost his head. 

I’m not fearful of relegation, I just want to finish as high as possible so that we can attract the players needed to push on and keep Grealish. 

Burnley and Albion should be 6 points for us and it needs to be with the fixtures we have afterwards (albeit we seem to beat all the big teams).

Arsenal won't be anywhere near relegation come the end of the season, I'd go as far as to say that if we finish above then we will have had a fantastic season beyond most people's expectations. Either Arteta will turn their form around, or they will replace him and spend a lot of money in January, they'll probably spend in January either way.