Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

If Fulham win and Arsenal lose (they're playing Chelsea), the Gunners will only be 2 points off the drop zone. Their next 2 games against Brighton and WBA will then literally be 6 pointers  :crylaugh: 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Fulham win and Arsenal lose (they're playing Chelsea), the Gunners will only be 2 points off the drop zone. Their next 2 games against Brighton and WBA will then literally be 6 pointers  :crylaugh: 

Then they get a new manager in - who declares his intent to bring a certain goalkeeper home.........(gulp !!!!!) 

On 20/12/2020 at 19:03, VillaChris said:

With today's win we now have more points after 12 games than all three of MON's three 6th place seasons.

Not only that, I believe we are closer to first place at this point on the calendar than any of those three seasons. These are relatively dizzying heights for Aston Villa. Gotta keep pushing.

13 hours ago, hippo said:

Then they get a new manager in - who declares his intent to bring a certain goalkeeper home.........(gulp !!!!!) 

I don't know, I can't see szczesny wanting anything to do with that mess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fulham look decent to me, now just need to find a striker to win them some games if they can't get Mitrovic going.

Sam the only thing stopping me putting West Brom in for them. He’s an unknown quantity just like his consumption of gravy.

currently the bottom 6 on avg. PPG are:

15) Palace - 1.18

16) Burnley - 1.06

17) Brighton - 0.81

18) Fulham - 0.73

19) West Brom - 0.5

20) Sheff Utd - 0.12

Amazing really, we survived on the last day, by a single point, with an avg. ppg of 0.92, if the above average PPGs carry on for this season, 28/29 points will be enough to survive, cant see that happening tbh, but we will see.

Edited by MaVilla

How great is it that this particular thread has no relevance at all to us 4 days after Xmas. 

This season has been Incredible

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

currently the bottom 6 on avg. PPG are:

15) Palace - 1.18

16) Burnley - 1.06

17) Brighton - 0.81

18) Fulham - 0.73

19) West Brom - 0.5

20) Sheff Utd - 0.12

Amazing really, we survived on the last day, by a single point, with an avg. ppg of 0.92, if the above average PPGs carry on for this season, 28/29 points will be enough to survive, cant see that happening tbh, but we will see.

I just can’t see any of the bottom 3 picking up form. They are far and away from anyone else. I actually thought Sheff Utd would start picking up points because their general play was still good but now that’s gone.

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

How great is it that this particular thread has no relevance at all to us 4 days after Xmas. 

This season has been Incredible

It has. And personally I still think we will finish about 12th and it will STILL have been a great season and a step in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

It has. And personally I still think we will finish about 12th and it will STILL have been a great season and a step in the right direction.

Couldn't agree more. All I really hoped for was never really being in a relegation battle. To have pretty much put that to bed (albeit not mathematically) before Xmas is incredible.