Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

1 minute ago, useless said:

This might be wicked of me, but I don't feel bad for Sheffield United, especially after Wilder accused other teams (it was obvious he was referring to us) of being lazy with their scouting and stealing their transfer targets, saying that other teams go for them because they think they must be good if Sheffield United want them, was surprised he didn't come under more criticism for that, not only was it arrogant but also disrespectful to other clubs.

It was also very inaccurate. Sheffield United's recruitment has been abysmal and nobody would want to poach players from them. They paid more for that chubby faced flapper in goal than we paid for Martinez. :lol: That's without even mentioning the record fee they paid for a kid with about 6 months of Championship football.

I honestly don't think they have a single player that would make our squad. Berge is the best of a bad bunch but I'd rather Ramsey as a back up. Compare that to Fulham who have 4 or 5 very good players.

I think he was referring to Cash and Watkins, but it wasn't as if you needed brilliant scouting to know about those two, they were two of the best players in the championship last season, doesn't make sense that we'd suddenly want them just because Sheffield United wanted them. Also Wilder's wasted most of the money he's been given, so why he thinks other clubs would want to steal his targets I'm not sure.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he was referring to Cash and Watkins, but it wasn't as if you needed brilliant scouting to know about those two, they were two of the best players in the championship last season, doesn't make sense that we'd suddenly want them just because Sheffield United wanted them. Also Wilder's wasted most of the money he's been given, so why he thinks other clubs would want to steal his targets I'm not sure.

Yeah, I probably should have made it more clear that's what I meant. The only Sheffield United targets that other teams went for were the Championship POTY and Nottingham Forest's POTY, the fact SHU were after them would've made me think they were worse than they are if anything. Funny nobody tried to poach Ramsdale isn't it? Only it isn't because he was shite last season.

If they actually had recruitment worth copying they would have decent players in their squad already but they don't because they have the worst squad in the league and also the worst recruitment.

Wilder has done an absolutely incredible job but the wheels have come off a bit and he needs to wind his neck in.

I like him, I love the story of his journey. But stop the whining and refocus.

• Like 1

Sheffield United are averaging just 8.5 shots per game.

They've scored ONCE in open play in 12 games. The other four goals came from set pieces (x2) and penalties (x2).

Where do people see this predicted run of results coming from?

They play Man United, Brighton,  Everton, and Burnley this month.

They could start next year still with a single point.

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

It was also very inaccurate. Sheffield United's recruitment has been abysmal and nobody would want to poach players from them. They paid more for that chubby faced flapper in goal than we paid for Martinez. :lol: That's without even mentioning the record fee they paid for a kid with about 6 months of Championship football.

I honestly don't think they have a single player that would make our squad. Berge is the best of a bad bunch but I'd rather Ramsey as a back up. Compare that to Fulham who have 4 or 5 very good players.

Yeah Ramsdale was a bad pick up. I do think Ampadu wouldn't have been a bad pick up for us but he's a better DM than playing in back 3 watching him play a few times for Wales. Also liked them signing Bogle fro Derby who's pretty good but don't think he's even played for them in premier league yet?

Brewster and Oli Burke is where it's all fallen down.

That's the problem with people saying they still had a good chance of staying up as they were only 6 points off 17th. Eventually the teams in 16th and 17th will start stringing results together as we found out around this point last season.

To get to 35 points they need to win 10 and draw 4 of their final 26 games! Simply not going to happen.

Puts a bit more pressure on Leeds dare I say, Fulham would be just 4 points off them if they can win this (get the feeling this might be like our home game v Liverpool last season still).

Also level with Brighton so finally a bottom team is waking up and reeling in some of the lower mid table teams. Fulham got Newcastle and Brighton coming up so this is big chance for them to get some more points on the board as their starting 11 looks much stronger now than the early games.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Puts a bit more pressure on Leeds dare I say, Fulham would be just 4 points off them if they can win this (get the feeling this might be like our home game v Liverpool last season still).

Also level with Brighton so finally a bottom team is waking up and reeling in some of the lower mid table teams. Fulham got Newcastle and Brighton coming up so this is big chance for them to get some more points on the board as their starting 11 looks much stronger now than the early games.

They are in trouble if the Bielsa burn out hits