Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Those last 5 minutes were the most exhilarating 5 minutes I can remember as a Villa fan.

NOW they are. At the time we were cruising towards a comfortable win. They they scored and I was like "oh ffs Villa, why do you do this to me? 🤢". For once we had a happy ending at Wembley 😍

It's not relegation related but i would LOVE a Europa League place. Would love to go to Europe to watch the villa play again, it's the absolute pinnacle of following your club.

It's a daft competition that could easily be improved. Would love to see it as a straight knockout, no seeding. Not like there's huge television audiences to lose for the group games so I don't know why they do it. One leg, straight draw, straight knockout. Could even add loads more teams to it. 256 teams, eight matches to win it. Would be brilliant. 

I don't think there's much chance of us qualifying for the Europa league, but if we did it would probably be our best chance of getting into the Champions league, so qualifying for it would be very good for a team like ours.

• Like 3

Still 2 weeks to Xmas and we're using the relegation thread to talk about Europe. 

Shows what a brilliant start we've had. 

13 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I loved that win over Ajax to be fair. Attendance I can see online is 36k which for a midweek game isn’t bad. And those Villa fans were as loud as I’ve heard at Villa Park when we scored in that game.

I think a lot of the players from the time look back very fondly on that game too and given that we won a lot of games at the time that’s saying something. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CRkznI8a0&t=3393s

Yup. Listen to the fans at kick off. And when Laursen scores after five minutes. Was a really good Ajax team in hindsight with young Suarez and Vertonghen at the back.

Think we can stick a fork in Sheffield United now then.

Was kind of hoping they would come out of it as I have a soft spot for what Wilder has achieved but it seems their terrible run is now being met with terrible fixtures against in form teams.

At the end of the day the sooner 3 teams are cooked the easier I will rest.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sheffield Utd a goal down and struggling - it's becoming very difficult to see them getting out of trouble this season.

It is but at the same time they’re not cut adrift, two wins gets them right back amongst that bottom four.

It’s looking like a tight finish at both ends of the table this season already