Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Was just thinking, if he could stay fit for an extended period, it would have been interesting to see what Emery could do with him FFS 

OBS all the Claire in abundance just probably needed a bit of discipline and drilled into the system.

Unfortunately, I feel the ship may have sailed.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was thinking after the Sheffield game we needed his madness to unlock the game bar the ridiculous VAR calls

I said exactly the same thing. He's the one player we have that can just totally bamboozle the opposition team no matter what their tactics (sadly he's also just as likely to bamboozle his own team as well....) 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

He is still such a joy to watch - He must be absolutely ridiculous in training to play against.

I’m such a big fan and would love to see more minutes for him.

tbh, my opinion is that will be great to get him off the wage bill in Jan, or the summer when his contract expires.

i believe he earns in the region of 70-80k a week, thats unreal for a bit part player who may as well be called Bertie "sick note" Traore.

i accept he had some fun moments of skill here and there, as well as the odd important goal, but he has been a very poor signing overall.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, my opinion is that will be great to get him off the wage bill in Jan, or the summer when his contract expires.

i believe he earns in the region of 70-80k a week, thats unreal for a bit part player who may as well be called Bertie "sick note" Traore.

i accept he had some fun moments of skill here and there, as well as the odd important goal, but he has been a very poor signing overall.

The top clubs are paying a lot more in wages for squad players and something we need get used to

Just now, Zatman said:

The top clubs are paying a lot more in wages for squad players and something we need get used to

Because they can afford to, i would guess we arent in that position right now.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I’m sorry you feel this way. In over 50 years of watching Villa - I can say that Bertie is possibly the most naturally gifted footballer I have ever seen at Villa, not the best footballer - that’s Paul.

But Bertie can do things with a football that very few others can do. Yes he is inconsistent, no he is probably not drilled into the ways of many of todays stereo typed players, but he is a gifted genius and I personally love every minute he is on the pitch 👍🏻

• Like 3

Why does the club put up with this. We pay for his life not his country. Injured all season but magically better for the national team. Its a massive piss take isn't it. 

If he's too injured to play for villa then he can't play for his national team. That or he's lying about his injury to Villa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why does the club put up with this. We pay for his life not his country. Injured all season but magically better for the national team. Its a massive piss take isn't it. 

If he's too injured to play for villa then he can't play for his national team. That or he's lying about his injury to Villa.

Emery doesn’t fancy him he’s been available numerous times but hasn’t been selected or even been brought on with a few minutes to spare. Bert has given us more than enough but he isn’t good enough his contract will run out soon , there’s nothing wrong with him going to represent his Country.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Emery doesn’t fancy him he’s been available numerous times but hasn’t been selected or even been brought on with a few minutes to spare. Bert has given us more than enough but he isn’t good enough his contract will run out soon , there’s nothing wrong with him going to represent his Country.

Agree with all this apart from 'he isn't good enough' - I just don't think he's an Emery style player, however talented he may be.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

On 30/12/2023 at 11:38, Lichfield Dean said:

I said exactly the same thing. He's the one player we have that can just totally bamboozle the opposition team no matter what their tactics (sadly he's also just as likely to bamboozle his own team as well....) 

Attack: 100

Defence: 0

Predictability: 0

Workrate: 0

Deception: 100

Coachable: 0

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Have some respect. Bert can do what he wants when he wants

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â