Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Ah right.

Not so far as I am aware. Had a groin op in the summer. But now has a hamstring injury.

There must be someone in the treatment room ,he likes.

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

If it's a hamstring tear as that one report has stated then yeah, absolutely so.  Any surgery requires a certain amount of inactivity post-op to allow the incision to heal and recovery of the op area to take place.  During that time muscles like the hamstring can atrophy.  There is always a chance while the player is attempting to regain full fitness for a slight tear to occur.  Hamstring tears always take the longest to heal because if you rush back you run the risk of a far larger tear next time around.  

Back in my sprinting days I suffered a grade 2 tear because I didn't want to sit out a match after tweaking my hamstring the week before.  Back of my leg turned black/blue and I was on crutches for 2 months.  In hindsight I should have given my hamstring a couple weeks off.  At Villa we don't seem to be in the business of rushing players back to fitness.  In the long run that is a good thing although I know it can drive the fans crazy as the return date keeps slipping.  

Thanks...I wasn't sure whether he had another Op to fix the hamstring or it was just rest as the treatment......seems like a long one then?

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So he misses two home games. Hopefully he's back after international break to make the bench at Chelsea. Would be 4 weeks after he got injured

4 weeks would be very optimistic I think. Expect longer then you won't be as disappointed! 

42 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

There are multiple experts employed by the club with access to all manners of data to advise the manager whether or not a player should play a game.

Just because someone is an expert doesn't mean that they can't be negligent. 

So basically. If you follow Villa logic.

- He has got a serious injury=Means player will be out for over  a year

- He is getting closer=4 months or more

- He is back in training and should be fine very soon=About 4-5 weeks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So basically. If you follow Villa logic.

- He has got a serious injury=Means player will be out for over  a year

- He is getting closer=4 months or more

- He is back in training and should be fine very soon=About 4-5 weeks

You forgot... 

Picked up a knock in training = see "He's got a serious injury" 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Out for a month after playing a friendly the day after being involved against Watford and only just returning from a groin operation. Is the club stupid?! Pretty obvious that was a likely outcome. 

Thanks for that, Doctor Zhivago. 

The clubs doctors and sports scientists will be glad to have you on board for the new season :) 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The point is who are we to say they've been negligent?

Potentially negligent then. As we are not privy to their decision making process or data then it's not conclusive, but looks like an odd decision from the outside. 

Edited by Made In Aston

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Are our players getting injured more than players from other clubs? 

And if so...why?

Last season we seemed to be really lucky with injuries, golden boy’s injury excepted. I say really lucky I mean better than most

Edited by alreadyexists

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks...I wasn't sure whether he had another Op to fix the hamstring or it was just rest as the treatment......seems like a long one then?

Just for clarity.

1.he had groin surgery in the summer.

2.Reports that on Sunday he injured his hamstring.

3.There is no suggestion he needs surgery on on his hamstring. This would be pretty rare.

Probably 3-6 weeks out. If it's just a routine strain probably closer to the 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Potentially negligent then. As we are not privy to their decision making process or data then it's not conclusive, but looks like an odd decision from the outside. 

Well he looked sharp when he came on v Watford. 

I wonder if he might have asked to play. Certainly he didn't look to need match sharpness.

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Him playing 15 minutes of football the day previous will have very little to do with him pulling a hamstring the day afterwards. Well technically it may have, but it is almost impossible to predict and there's certainly nothing negligent about it. 

• Like 2

Â