Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

This is a crazy thing happening at Villa if Traore Injury is true that adds to a massive list as seasons barely underway. 

We should be adding as much depth as we can throughout this window. To many of our fans think players be indestructible. This is one in a good many a reason why teams who have depth and quality in that depth are more likely to be successful because they can easy replace injury players with ease. You just can't never say a player isnt going to get injured and the crystal ball people who say that players can go all season just don't know. One thing that can be said is that if the money is there and if the Owners are prepared to back depth to give better chances of driving up the ladder, then it's best to prepare for possible outcomes that just sit, wait and watch Injurys poor into a team.

I am just so glad we got another striker, though I do wonder if one more may be called for but I spose if Ings and Watkins both go down we could always bring Barry and Young in.

As for Traore he is important to our right flank, I certainly wouldn't ever play Ghazi there and I'm wondering if it's worth buying Pereira to work that right wing with Barrie so that we have sufficient cover there.

I love to see Traore play when he's at his best, the way he cuts in at speed from the flank and likes to glide along the outside of the opponents box. The one con Traore still has is he needs to shoot with his other foot if that's all he has as an option, I would love him to become better at both feet.

Edit/ I see through the comments it's an operation he went through, I hope he will have a speedy recovery as he's important to the team.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This is a crazy thing happening at Villa if Traore Injury is true that adds to a massive list as seasons barely underway. 

We should be adding as much depth as we can throughout this window. To many of our fans think players be indestructible. This is one in a good many a reason why teams who have depth and quality in that depth are more likely to be successful because they can easy replace injury players with ease. You just can't never say a player isnt going to get injured and the crystal ball people who say that players can go all season just don't know. One thing that can be said is that if the money is there and if the Owners are prepared to back depth to give better chances of driving up the ladder, then it's best to prepare for possible outcomes that just sit, wait and watch Injurys poor into a team.

I am just so glad we got another striker, though I do wonder if one more may be called for but I spose if Ings and Watkins both go down we could always bring Barry and Young in.

As for Traore he is important to our right flank, I certainly wouldn't ever play Ghazi there and I'm wondering if it's worth buying Pereira to work that right wing with Barrie so that we have sufficient cover there.

I love to see Traore play when he's at his best, the way he cuts in at speed from the flank and likes to glide along the outside of the opponents box. The one con Traore still has is he needs to shoot with his other foot if that's all he has as an option, I would love him to become better at both feet.

Edit/ I see through the comments it's an operation he went through, I hope he will have a speedy recovery as he's important to the team.

Bang on.

Dave....I don't understand the Bertie injury.

I know he had a groin op in the closed season....is this injury related, has he had a second op?

I am confused with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Bang on.

I know he had a groin op in the closed season....is this injury related, has he had a second op?

I am confused with it.

I'm same I do not know anything regarding this injury or operation.

I have no doubts Bertie will pull through it and once he does will be back stronger than ever.

If we're to challenge for Europe then we need to spend more money I'm afraid, spend everything we can on bringing in sufficient quality cover, help, competition. For me adding depth is a key to how successful we will be this season, I don't think keeping light in positions is a choice any longer. Need more depth and quality in depth the higher we want to go, the other clubs are doing just that and while they are resting some players we will still continue to burn ours out if we're not careful.

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

Bang on.

I am confused with it.

If it's a hamstring tear as that one report has stated then yeah, absolutely so.  Any surgery requires a certain amount of inactivity post-op to allow the incision to heal and recovery of the op area to take place.  During that time muscles like the hamstring can atrophy.  There is always a chance while the player is attempting to regain full fitness for a slight tear to occur.  Hamstring tears always take the longest to heal because if you rush back you run the risk of a far larger tear next time around.  

Back in my sprinting days I suffered a grade 2 tear because I didn't want to sit out a match after tweaking my hamstring the week before.  Back of my leg turned black/blue and I was on crutches for 2 months.  In hindsight I should have given my hamstring a couple weeks off.  At Villa we don't seem to be in the business of rushing players back to fitness.  In the long run that is a good thing although I know it can drive the fans crazy as the return date keeps slipping.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I agree.

I've watched him a few times now and I'm might be mistaken, but I think he's left footed.

He is mainly left footed, yet he has a problem the moment he's on his right and tries to shoot he struggles on the ball and then awkwardly attempts to get the ball back on his favourite foot which costs him goals I think. I thought maybe he'd of gotten better with it towards end of last season but in our first game he made such an attempt on goal and pulled the ball off of his unfavored foot to his favoured and I believe it cost him a goal.

Not sure whether it's a confidence thing with Traore or what but he could do with some training into making his right foot better but it's not as easy as it sounds, took me a long time to train both feet to play football when I used to play in the charity league and play 5 aside when I were younger.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Oh shit did you? I hadn't seen you had :( 

To be fair, I think it was in the Deano thread and the mods have removed it for ever so slightly deviating from the topic 😁great minds though

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Out for a month after playing a friendly the day after being involved against Watford and only just returning from a groin operation. Is the club stupid?! Pretty obvious that was a likely outcome. 

no it was a possible outcome, not a likely outcome...the same as any friendly/training session

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Bang on.

I am confused with it.

What's the confusion.?

He played in a friendly at Anfield on Sunday and limped of with a hamstring injury.

Not great news. But not difficult to understand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'm same I do not know anything regarding this injury or operation.

I have no doubts Bertie will pull through it and once he does will be back stronger than ever.

If we're to challenge for Europe then we need to spend more money I'm afraid, spend everything we can on bringing in sufficient quality cover, help, competition. For me adding depth is a key to how successful we will be this season, I don't think keeping light in positions is a choice any longer. Need more depth and quality in depth the higher we want to go, the other clubs are doing just that and while they are resting some players we will still continue to burn ours out if we're not careful.

Its got to be in the right positions Dave....and I am not sure for me ,it will be.

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

What's the confusion.?

He played in a friendly at Anfield on Sunday and limped of with a hamstring injury.

Not great news. But not difficult to understand.

you happen to know a bit more than me about it,Hippo, hence my comments.

I thought I read he had to have another op....thats where I was confused.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I thought I read he had to have another op....thats where I was confused.

Ah right.

Not so far as I am aware. Had a groin op in the summer. But now has a hamstring injury.

• Thanks 1

Â