Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, Chine said:

Stands a strong chance the unfit player will be more likely to injured with overload , my point is he was rushed back 

The problem with returning from injury is that your brain knows what you are capable of from memory. But your body might not be ready for that intensity .

That's why for example returning runners get so many injuries. The know they can run 5k - they did it last year. But the minor supporting muscles aren't up to speed yet. So you body subconsciously uses the bigger muscles ...ping / ouch / wow !!!

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

The problem with returning from injury is that your brain knows what you are capable of from memory. But your body might not be ready for that intensity .

That's why for example returning runners get so many injuries. The know they can run 5k - they did it last year. But the minor supporting muscles aren't up to speed yet. So you body subconsciously uses the bigger muscles ...ping / ouch / wow !!!

100%

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

You and @Chine should apply for a job in the physio team. No doubt all those professionals with their degrees and years of experience working at the highest level with elite athletes need some advice on what to do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

TBF returning from injury is the most likely time to pick up another injury. Hence so many players recovering from a big injury have a succession of little niggling injuries.

You have to say that playing twice in two days does seem a little odd - esp when the 2nd game was a meaningless friendly 

He was returning from an operation, not an injury.

Also it's kind of irrelevant given his operation was on his groin, but his injury was to his hamstring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You and @Chine should apply for a job in the physio team. No doubt all those professionals with their degrees and years of experience working at the highest level with elite athletes need some advice on what to do. 

The Saturday afternoons wouldn’t work for me as I’m already coaching , but thanks for the confidence boost 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Villa have an excellent physio and sports rehab team. Probably one of  the best around 

Just think Bertie playing 2 days on the trott was a bit strange. Maybe he asked to play who knows.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He was returning from an operation, not an injury.

Also it's kind of irrelevant given his operation was on his groin, but his injury was to his hamstring.

I don't think you can isolate parts of the body like that. Muscle loss kicks in staggeringly quickly. And the muscles don't regain strength at the same time - that's where the physio and rehab team comes in.

There's also just damm rotten luck !!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No confirmation of the injury aside from some random article in a french magazine? 

Surely too random for it not to be true. I didn’t see him in that mass club video that the club put out today for Martinez and Dougie. 
A real shame though because I thought Bertrand changed the game on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Surely too random for it not to be true. I didn’t see him in that mass club video that the club put out today for Martinez and Dougie. 
A real shame though because I thought Bertrand changed the game on Saturday.

Bertie was there…

No idea whether he is injured though, that seems to have come from a random source but why make it up? 🤷‍♂️

Between Conor & Fred on the team photo:

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bertie was there…

No idea whether he is injured though, that seems to have come from a random source but why make it up? 🤷‍♂️

Between Conor & Fred on the team photo:

spacer.png

Feck me smithy has a boner ! Wonder who the hell we are buying now !!!!

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I'm hoping it's bullshit. 

Surely one of the local journalists would know by now. 

The same French magazine broke that he was having groin surgery before anyone else so I assume they have a line to him or his agent. So I am expecting it's true

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The same French magazine broke that he was having groin surgery before anyone else so I assume they have a line to him or his agent. So I am expecting it's true

Ah, that's disappointing. 

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I can also tell if a player has natural athleticism or if he is sharp enough to play to the level of football, we are in

Blimey, what a talent. You should be our fitness coach, or even manager.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TRO said:

I can also tell if a player has natural athleticism or if he is sharp enough to play to the level of football, we are in......

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Blimey, what a talent. You should be our fitness coach, or even manager.

Seen It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Â