Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

The more I watch him the more I think he might be more effective in the middle he can beat a man on both sides and it might suit his languid style. Probably the only player I am willing to allow that suicidal back pass thing he does. 

Next season should be better for him. Still adapting.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The more I watch him the more I think he might be more effective in the middle he can beat a man on both sides and it might suit his languid style. Probably the only player I am willing to allow that suicidal back pass thing he does. 

Next season should be better for him. Still adapting.

He reminds me of Romaine Sawyers a bit how he plays and Dean always played him as number 10 at Brentford and Walsall so we'll see but I certainly wouldn't be against it.

Tonight he started well with good touches and drifting easily past Spurs players so thought he was going to have  a really good game....and it all fizzled out once he got into the box.

He's just one of those. Will be match winner in 5-10 games but will be easily nulified in similar number. Still his stats for first full season in this league aren't that bad so something to work with going into next season. I can understand why many find him hugely frustrating to watch but he's got a higher level to reach than either Trez or AEG so got to remain patient again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Out of all the players who's been crap recently, he's been crap for the longest amount of time.

Nah - Barkley has lapped him and is now doing his victory lap in the race of "who is the crappiest"

Frustrating player, but got real talent and sometimes despite those 89mins of frustration you feel he can come up with a moment of class when chasing a game. Was surprised he came off ahead of Trez last night.

6 goals and 3 assists in about 17 games worth of minutes this season is not a bad return. If we're to progress, having someone like him to challenge a starting winger instead of Trez/El Ghazi is what we should be aiming for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Out of all the players who's been crap recently, he's been crap for the longest amount of time.

McGinn, Luiz, Trezeguet and Barkley have been shit for longer 

Edited by Zatman

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

Seen enough of him now to see we've been had. The lyon fans were right about him. Totally one footed and apart from the odd bit of good play he's pretty useless. He's better than Hassan or ben ghazi but that doesn't say much. 

Isn't that a city somewhere in the middle east?

EDIT: Just looked it up. It's in Lybia.

Edited by sparrow1988

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He reminds me of Romaine Sawyers a bit how he plays and Dean always played him as number 10 at Brentford and Walsall so we'll see but I certainly wouldn't be against it.

Tonight he started well with good touches and drifting easily past Spurs players so thought he was going to have  a really good game....and it all fizzled out once he got into the box.

He's just one of those. Will be match winner in 5-10 games but will be easily nulified in similar number. Still his stats for first full season in this league aren't that bad so something to work with going into next season. I can understand why many find him hugely frustrating to watch but he's got a higher level to reach than either Trez or AEG so got to remain patient again.

Wonder if we could try him as a 10, and get two new wingers?

Could be a solution for a season?

He is one of the few we have who can beat a couple of players in one move, which could be incisive through the middle.

Him and Jack seem to have a good link up as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Traore can beat a man, but 9 times out of 10 he prefers to take the easy option and play it backwards. If he does beat the defender, he then ususally does something crap with the ball.  All three of our wide players who aren't Jack are bloody awful.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Risso said:

Traore can beat a man, but 9 times out of 10 he prefers to take the easy option and play it backwards. If he does beat the defender, he then usually does something crap with the ball.  All three of our wide players who aren't Jack are bloody awful.

Play him central because the one thing he can do is use fast feet to beat his man. What he doesn't have is pace and crossing ability so playing him out wide is pointless. At least central he can get a shot away and he has a decent shot on him.

Personally think he is physically too weak for this level but would like to see him in a #10 role.

Edited by Paul33

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if we could try him as a 10, and get two new wingers?

Could be a solution for a season?

He is one of the few we have who can beat a couple of players in one move, which could be incisive through the middle.

Him and Jack seem to have a good link up as well.

Worth a try but I think he would be too easily knocked off the ball for that position. 

He may be able to play as a 10 but he shouldn't be starting for us there. He needs to be a back up next season to whoever we sign to play on the right. 

Of all the wingers we have at the club, he's probably marginally the best, but that's not saying much as they're all f****** dreadful. 

You can see the class he has, I'm looking forward to how he plays next season with a full summer rest and preseason to get to full fitness. 

5G 3A in 17 games worth of minutes so far starting from a base of no fitness and no form having not played for 6 months and not played as a RW for 18 months.

I'm confident he'll reach 10 total G+A this season and get close to 20 next season.

Only problem he has atm is that he's not good enough to carry the entire team's wing offense when the opposite wing has Trez providing the square root of **** all threat.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

You can see the class he has, I'm looking forward to how he plays next season with a full summer rest and preseason to get to full fitness. 

5G 3A in 17 games worth of minutes so far starting from a base of no fitness and no form having not played for 6 months and not played as a RW for 18 months.

I'm confident he'll reach 10 total G+A this season and get close to 20 next season.

Only problem he has atm is that he's not good enough to carry the entire team's wing offense when the opposite wing has Trez providing the square root of **** all threat.

He will never get anywhere near 20 goals in a season 

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He will never get anywhere near 20 goals in a season 

20 goals and assists combined. He's got 8 in less than 17 games worth of minutes this season with no fitness in a threadbare squad.

Edit - He managed 25 G+A in 43 games in all comps in 17/18. Easier league but he's definitely got the quality imho.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

14 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

20 goals and assists combined. He's got 8 in less than 17 games worth of minutes this season with no fitness in a threadbare squad.

Edit - He managed 25 G+A in 43 games in all comps in 17/18. Easier league but he's definitely got the quality imho.

Its possible if Jack is still here I guess. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Its possible if Jack is still here I guess. 

100% agree, if Grealish leaves everyone's potential numbers will go way down whoever he is replaced by. I'm relatively confident we'll end the season okay, reach 50+ points and he'll stay though.

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

100% agree, if Grealish leaves everyone's potential numbers will go way down whoever he is replaced by. I'm relatively confident we'll end the season okay, reach 50+ points and he'll stay though.

I thought he did start the game really well but he seems to drift out of games but maybe thats down to the weakness of our midfield. 

Â