Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Obviously I’m over reacting. Just feel gutted because it’s going to totally **** up our season. The selfish bastard!! 

He loses some support from me for this. Why should anyone support him when as you say he's got no issues potentially **** over the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I mean, the tension between club and country has always been a feature of professional football.

We’ve always lost players to injuries picked up on international duty. This is no different really.

It’s not their fault the situation is such a mess.

No, this is very different.

An injury is something that might happen, it's a risk but it's professional sport so it's expected. 

This is a player knowing that his decision to leave will 100% result in missing multiple other games. 

It's not the same at all IMO

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He loses some support from me for this. Why should anyone support him when as you say he's got no issues potentially **** over the season. 

Let’s face it if he wasn’t so good everyone would want him out. Why should he get a pass just because he is a top keeper. We’re bigger than that. 

Im convinced there must be a compromise. No way is he missing 10 games.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s fact it if he wasn’t so good everyone would want him out. Why should he get a pass just because he is a top keeper. We’re bigger than that. 

Im convinced there must be a compromise. No way is he missing 10 games.

I hope so. 

15 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

What's the official word though? Last I could see, the FA said they couldn't go, then Infantino ASKED Boris Johnson to give them a pass and Boris said no.

So, with that said, they're not being released, right? The original FA rule stands.

Well as I was mentioning earlier, I wonder if it ultimately ends up back with FIFAs initial ruling of "PL clubs can no longer block players from traveling for international duty." But I have no idea. It all seems to be a mess thanks to FIFA shoving in excess games and this 10 day mandatory quarantine.

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can you explain how? Is this with all their upcoming WC qualifiers combined?

Yes. Here's a breakdown:

22 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Argentina's last game is 10/09, so by the time he's back he'll miss Chelsea, Everton and Chelsea (LC) through Quarantine, he'd be available for Man Utd, but would likely only have about 1 day training after 10 sat in a hotel room, then back for Spurs, but then there's another international break so it's the same shit again, missing Wolves and Arsenal through quarantine and barely any training before West Ham and Southampton, another international break where he'd miss Brighton and Palace, potentially Man City. So at least 7 through quarantine, but possibly up to 12 plus any more League Cup games due to lack of match fitness and about 20-ish days missed training.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well as I was mentioning earlier, I wonder if it ultimately ends up back with FIFAs initial ruling of "PL clubs can no longer block players from traveling for international duty." But I have no idea. It all seems to be a mess thanks to FIFA shoving in excess games and this 10 day mandatory quarantine.

In all honesty though, what are FIFA gonna do if the FA stop players from going? Fine the FA?

I know they never do, but FIFA need to use their heads here and see the special circumstances in play. Emi, also, but he has been put in an awkward spot.

In France if you are vaccinated all you need is a negative test to return to the country. Germany still requires a quarantine but vaccinated travelers can test out if they get negative test 5 days apart.  Why doesn't the UK make any distinction? 

I'd they willingly put themselves into a position in which they won't be able to do the work their employers pay them for, i.e. playing football for them, then they can be bomb-squadded as far as I'm concerned.

This is a massive f u to the club, especially from Martinez, who wouldn't even be in the squad if he hadn't come here, but also on Buendia, on who just broke a spending record.

If they go through with this then as far as I'm concerned they join the various McCormacs, Irelands and Lescotts of this world.

• Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

Â