Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can't get this way of thinking. It's not our responsibility to pay a man millions and then have to sign a new player as cover so he can accomplish his international dreams. The whole world has had to make sacrifices because of this pandemic and people still do. 

I'm seriously leaning towards a **** them attitude to them both. I'll certainly have a lot less patience for future bad performances or mistakes if they choose to screw us over. 

You lose my support when Aston Villla are second best to you. 

I'm inclined towards the f*** them attitude as well, even though I appreciate that international caps are more important to South Americans than they are to Brits. We're just not in the same cosy position as Spurs, who can afford to lose Lo Celso and Romero, and I don't think our 'project' is yet so secure that we couldn't see a dramatic downturn in fortunes again.

Would appear he is going against the wishes of the club if he goes. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I get he wants to play for Argentina but to go against the people who pay your wages is a little out of order imo. 

If we aren't their priority then why should they be ours? 

Why should the fans get behind them and support them, if they're prepared to potentially ruin our season. 

I'm really annoyed they'd do this. I don't care how important South Americans view international caps. 

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah, no one else has said they were going against their club and leaving.

Mental. Absolutely mental. I get wanting to play for your country and they have obviously agreed it together and seem prepared to take the punishment. But, still. 

But equally, we have probably sold ourselves to them as a great club to launch their international careers.  Bit awkward if we then stand in their way.

Im not pleased by the way, I’d hoped they’d just get the importance of their absence to our season. Just trying to play devils advocate.

Disappointing.

If we somehow beat Chelsea in the cup and eventually got to a final (highly unlikely), Martinez would have to feel no frustration in being left out if you turn the tables.

Ultimately these missed games could cost us positions even Europe and said players (Martinez in particular) may question the direction of the club.

This is particularly unfortunate for us given we are the only side to lose two key players. You wonder if we will actually see our strongest 11 this season on the pitch at the same time at this rate.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we aren't their priority then why should they be ours? 

Why should the fans get behind them and support them, if they're prepared to potentially ruin our season. 

I'm really annoyed they'd do this. I don't care how important South Americans view international caps. 

Agree, this will most likely piss the rest of the squad off as well. Can’t imagine it will go down well with fans either!

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

But equally, we have probably sold ourselves to them as a great club to launch their international careers.  Bit awkward if we then stand in their way.

Im not pleased by the way, I’d hoped they’d just get the importance of their absence to our season. Just trying to play devils advocate.

we arent standing in their way, the entire PL had decided on a course of action for the overall good of the clubs that pay them MILLIONS to play for them.

No excuse to go against the clubs wishes in this situation, imo.

Hopefully something will be sorted about the silly quarantine rules that allows them to play, but until then the request and decision by ALL PL clubs is perfectly reasonable imo.

if i tried this s*** in my job i would be out on my a***.

Edited by MaVilla

How much do we pay Martinez and Buendia?! Not taking into account we have spent £55 million on them. 4 players out of 63 have said they will be going away on international duty - if it was all of them then what can you do but 4?!

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Agree, this will most likely piss the rest of the squad off as well. Can’t imagine it will go down well with fans either!

Absolutely. I can't imagine everyone in that dressing room will be happy for them to go. 

We're supposed to be fighting together. Especially this year, after we lost our captain. 

• Like 1

If they’re insisting then hopefully we can reach a compromise so they only feature in the first game or two so back in time to quarantine ahead of the Chelsea game. 

im sure the club will be looking at all the options 

• Like 1

Â