Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Are there any other teams the international break will hurt as much as us? I take it Spurs can cope without Romero and Lo Celso.

Nope. Unless I've missed someone, us and Tottyham are the only teams being affected by this. (Players seemingly going against their clubs wishes)

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

but they arent doing it intentionally. Conmebol and FIFA arranged these games and British government is forcing them to quarantine

Buendia for example might never get another Argentina cap

Agreed on all counts. (Although Buendia is quality)

Its still ultimately **** us over. Starting to suspect this is going to be a “just get to 40 points” kind of season.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Nope. Unless I've missed someone, us and Tottyham are the only teams being affected by this. (Players seemingly going against their clubs wishes)

They are the only English based players in the squad

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but they arent doing it intentionally. Conmebol and FIFA arranged these games and British government is forcing them to quarantine

Buendia for example might never get another Argentina cap

True, but unfortunately that might be a sacrifice he has to make. 

The club pay him millions a year to play for Aston villa. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They wont though and is a FIFA international window, they arent rebelling.

Will be fun on here in January when we lose more players to the African Nations Cup

Their actions will cause them to miss games outside of the international window though. 

I can take 2 weeks leave from work... work can't dictate where I go, but if I go to a red list country for 2 weeks and then have to quarantine for 10 days afterwards, and miss work, they would go batshit crazy at me. No doubt i'd get a warning and lose any chance of a payrise/bonus. This is no different. They know the consequences of their actions. People have to make sacrifices during these 'strange times'

As for AFCON, thats different because that is known about well in advance and you know that when you sign African players 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

True, but unfortunately that might be a sacrifice he has to make. 

The club pay him millions a year to play for Aston villa. 

ye thats the thing, if they do, its completely unacceptable.

I don’t care about Buendia but Martinez has already cemented his place as number 1. They will qualify with or without him but it will truly **** up the season of the club they pays his wages. **** him off. If he really goes and misses 10 games hope he never plays for us again. 

Just now, Xela said:

Their actions will cause them to miss games outside of the international window though. 

I can take 2 weeks leave from work... work can't dictate where I go, but if I go to a red list country for 2 weeks and then have to quarantine for 10 days afterwards, and miss work, they would go batshit crazy at me. No doubt i'd get a warning and lose any chance of a payrise/bonus. This is no different. They know the consequences of their actions. People have to make sacrifices during these 'strange times'

As for AFCON, thats different because that is known about well in advance and you know that when you sign African players 

Great point. 

Jesus wept…

Argentina fixtures: 

03/09: vs Venezuela

05/09: vs Brazil 

10/09: vs Bolivia 

07/10: vs Paraguay

12/10: vs Peru

11/11: vs Uruguay

16/11: vs Brazil 

27/01: vs Chile 

01/02: vs Columbia 

24/03: vs Venezuela

29/03: vs Ecuador

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Jesus wept…

Argentina fixtures: 

03/09: vs Venezuela

05/09: vs Brazil 

10/09: vs Bolivia 

07/10: vs Paraguay

12/10: vs Peru

11/11: vs Uruguay

16/11: vs Brazil 

27/01: vs Chile 

01/02: vs Columbia 

24/03: vs Venezuela

29/03: vs Ecuador

Hopefully quarantine rules will change at some point so that is the worst case scenario

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nobody else in the Argentina squad plays in the Premier League

Christian Romero and Lo Celso?

You're also forgetting all the Brazilian players in the PL. Mina and Sanchez play for Colombia. Cavani for Uruguay. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. There are plenty of teams that could be affected by this window.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Great. We finally get two genuinely world class players and one, a 'boyhood Villa fan', gets swept up by Man City at the moment when we're in touching distance of a Euro-worthy squad, and the other will be in quarantine for a third of the season (and then probably go elsewhere due to bad blood).

We've got no luck whatsoever. It's like what we're trying to build is hubris and we're being royally punished for it.

• Like 1

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Great. We finally get two genuinely world class players and one, a 'boyhood Villa fan', gets swept up by Man City at the moment when we're in touching distance of a Euro-worthy squad, and the other will be in quarantine for a third of the season (and then probably go elsewhere due to bad blood).

We've got no luck whatsoever. It's like what we're trying to build is hubris and we're being royally punished for it.

Bad blood?

I think i'd probably feel more comfortable if we had a better number 2 GK. I like Steer, but not sure he's PL quality. If we still had Heaton it wouldn't be a concern. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Christian Romero and Lo Celso?

You're also forgetting all the Brazilian players in the PL. Mina and Sanchez play for Colombia. Cavani for Uruguay. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. There are plenty of teams that could be affected by this window.

yes but you already mentioned the Spurs players in the post i quoted

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think i'd probably feel more comfortable if we had a better number 2 GK. I like Steer, but not sure he's PL quality. If we still had Heaton it wouldn't be a concern. 

Reckon Nyland would come back on an emergency loan? 

Â