Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Christian Romero and Lo Celso?

You're also forgetting all the Brazilian players in the PL. Mina and Sanchez play for Colombia. Cavani for Uruguay. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. There are plenty of teams that could be affected by this window.

Good point. 

Liverpool could lose Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson

Just now, Zatman said:

yes but you already mentioned the Spurs players in the post i quoted

Okay. But what about all the other players I mentioned? There are a lot of South American players in the PL. Whose absence would have some affect on their teams.

Full list here

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-players-blocked-travel-red-list-countries-international-break-full-list-1167627

All 10 nations in the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) are currently on that list, ruling out any Premier League player from travelling to the continent for the World Cup qualifiers.

A significant number of African nations also feature, meaning September’s World Cup qualifiers will see a number of players staying in England rather than representing their country. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Good point. 

Liverpool could lose Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson

I don't know about Firmino and Fabinho but Alisson is a pretty big Bolsonaro supporter, so I can see him defying the ruling (unless Liverpool have better inducements than us).

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m serious. He’s screwing us over. If he goes I hope he never plays for us again.

Are we talking about Emi? I couldn’t like that bloke more tbh, he’s a great keeper and a really nice bloke... 

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

then why’s he’s screwing us over like this? There just be some comprise surely.

It'll be interesting to see what Dean says about it. I know yesterday or the day before he said he didn't know what they're plan was but I would like to think a serious conversation was had before the decision to go was made.

• Like 1

Jed Steer in goal for me for the forseeable future ; Martinez can try and win his place back as number 2.

Aston Villa are paying his wages; it's not our fault that a global pandemic and FIFA's fixtures have ruined the international break for Argentina.

Â