Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m embarrassed to be associated with some of you folks, truly. 

“wE PaYS His WaGEs” - so what?! 

This is the most mental turn of events I think I’ve ever witnessed on this forum, and boy is that saying something.

So his employer has said they don’t want him to go. The premier league have allowed players not to go. Yet he goes anyway?

You don’t think he should receive some sort of disciplinary action from the club?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So his employer has said they don’t want him to go. The premier league have allowed players not to go. Yet he goes anyway?

You don’t think he should receive some sort of disciplinary action from the club?

because its an official FIFA international window, nothing clubs can do legally

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How do we know what the club and he have spoken about - and even if the club have said, ‘hey Emi, it would be great if you didn’t go’ - we do not own him, it’s not slavery, he’s free to make his own choices.

I don’t think the PL have any say on the matter either, the guy’s just become Argentina’s number one, why would he give that up suddenly because of some bullshit red tape being arbitrarily drawn up by the most inept group of dickheads to ever lead this country?! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Glad you’ve sobered up…

We don’t know that. No one here knows his frame of mind or point of view.

Why are people assuming the worst and overreacting to it?

Couple of words on a Twitter post and a few words from Dean hasn’t revealed much at all…. But certain people are reacting as if he’s already flown off and left us in the gutter…

Nothing has happened, no one here knows or has heard from the player.

Rules may change, compromises may be reached… 

Again, wait and see.

None of us idiots have any clue what’s going on.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How do we know what the club and he have spoken about

Because, as several people have already mentioned, Smith confirmed it Yesterday and there's a good chance he's more abreast of the situation than yourself.

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How do we know what the club and he have spoken about - and even if the club have said, ‘hey Emi, it would be great if you didn’t go’ - we do not own him, it’s not slavery, he’s free to make his own choices.

I don’t think the PL have any say on the matter either, the guy’s just become Argentina’s number one, why would he give that up suddenly because of some bullshit red tape being arbitrarily drawn up by the most inept group of dickheads to ever lead this country?! 

Ok fair enough. We should be trying to sign a keeper by Wednesday. Unless they feel Steer is good enough to play that many games. To be fair maybe they do and he is.  I hope he thrives and keeps his place, however unlikely that is.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Glad you’ve sobered up…

We don’t know that. No one here knows his frame of mind or point of view.

Why are people assuming the worst and overreacting to it?

Couple of words on a Twitter post and a few words from Dean hasn’t revealed much at all…. But certain people are reacting as if he’s already flown off and left us in the gutter…

Nothing has happened, no one here knows or has heard from the player.

Rules may change, compromises may be reached… 

Again, wait and see.

None of us idiots have any clue what’s going on.

It seems very likely he is going mate, as are all Argentinian players. It’s obviously very important to them which is understandable. I doubt Emi would lose his number 1 spot though, not after his Copa exploits.

But you’re right let’s wait and see. 

Playing for your country is the ultimate honour.

Taking the Villa tinted spectacles off he should absolutely go in my opinion.

He's Argentinian, not from B6.

Doesn't make him any less committed to our cause and to suggest otherwise is madness.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No I don't. He wants to play for his country. World Cup next year,  he will want to be the number 1 keeper. 

Why punish him for putting his country 1st. Need to take off our Villa glasses here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It seems very likely he is going mate, as are all Argentinian players. It’s obviously very important to them which is understandable. I doubt Emi would lose his number 1 spot though, not after his Copa exploits.

But you’re right let’s wait and see. 

Can’t blame them for wanting to go but I also don’t think they would want to miss any/many games for us either. Nothing to suggest they don’t respect the club…

Yes, let’s wait and see 👍

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t blame them for wanting to go but I also don’t think they would want to miss any/many games for us either. Nothing to suggest they don’t respect the club…

Yes, let’s wait and see 👍

I agree with this. I’m sure it’s a difficult decision. But there’s no denying his importance to us and how it’s going to significantly impact our season if he missed as many games as reported. Really hope there’s a compromise. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because its an official FIFA international window, nothing clubs can do legally

Hmmm I've seen this debated and reading the rules

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g

Obviously clubs are obliged to release players for country in FIFA international windows but part of the rules mentions that players turn up in timely fashion for their country games and (key) back to their club for club games.  Given the Covid restrictions the grey area is returning to clubs for the club games because the players go into isolation, this is where the debate comes that the International teams cant facilitate that because the country the international team is sending the player back to has covid isolation rules and it's up to the international teams to facilitate that.  Therefore the clubs are receiving players back from international duty many days late inclusive of the isolation.

It's hard to argue the above but La Liga along with the PL are arguing the above as well as the integrity of the league argument which is hard to argue imo.  FIFA not extending the exception for international release but then also adding another two days for South American teams has really stuffed everybody up.  The simple solution is UK government relax quarantine for footy players but that's hard to argue for footy players only but they have favoured sports during covid so that wouldnt surprise me.

So while I dont agree "nothing clubs can do legally" because La Liga is already building up their legal case in case needed. I still think the players will likely go and clubs will just suffer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, calcifer said:

No I don't. He wants to play for his country. World Cup next year,  he will want to be the number 1 keeper. 

Why punish him for putting his country 1st. Need to take off our Villa glasses here. 

It’s very unusual circumstances. If the club had the power to prevent him from going and he still did there should be disciplinary action. But as @Zatman said they haven’t so it’s irrelevant anyway. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree with this. I’m sure it’s a difficult decision. But there’s no denying his importance to us and how it’s going to significantly impact our season if he missed as many games as reported. Really hope there’s a compromise. 

I can’t see the club allowing that, we’re not run by incompetent fools. If that/the worst happens, then is the time to react. 

7 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I can’t believe how quickly a lot of fans have turned on him on snippets of information. Why not wait and see what the situation actually is before we burn him at the stake?

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Get back on the cans.

Drunk VLV was more fun.

• Haha 2

Â