Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We just can't catch a break. 

I think GK has just made number 1 priority in the remaining days of the window! There are a few decent free agents as well. 

Buendia I can live with... get Sanson, Bailey, Traore and Watkins fully fit and we'll be ok. 

6 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

63 players ordered not to leave for national teams. 4 have disobeyed. 2 play for us. Just amazing.

The other 2 for Spurs?

I don't think anyone can blame Emi for wanting to represent his Country. He's been living in the shadows most his career and finally has come of age, as it were. It's up to us as a club to cover these eventualities with sufficient quality so that the loss is not so great. Steer as cover leads me to think we're potentially f***** though unless we act quickly to upgrade our number 2 spot! A quarter of the season with Steer in goal....😭  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Jed Steer in goal for me for the forseeable future ; Martinez can try and win his place back as number 2.

Aston Villa are paying his wages; it's not our fault that a global pandemic and FIFA's fixtures have ruined the international break for Argentina.

F no, if Emi is going we need to get another keeper, who can then challenge Emi for his spot, maybe Emi wont get his spot back as karma for leaving us in the s***.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

F no, if Emi is going we need to get another keeper, who can then challenge Emi for his spot, maybe Emi wont get his spot back as karma for leaving us in the s***.

We’ll be shooting ourselves in the foot. I’m surprised he is doing it though, especially as he has been desperate to become No.1 for a club. However, playing for your country… can we really blame him? Guess we’ll never know what it actually means. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't blame Martinez for wanting to go, he wants to cement his place as number 1. 

Just disappointing though. 

he wouldnt even be their number 1 if it wasnt for Villa giving him the opportunity to show case his talents as our no.1.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't blame Martinez for wanting to go, he wants to cement his place as number 1. 

Just disappointing though. 

It's how I feel about it. I also don't think it would be nearly as bad if most of our starters weren't injured. We have Watkins back but, depending on recovery times, we could be without Konsa, Mings, Bailey, Martinez, Buendia and Traore for Chelsea. Yeesh.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We’ll be shooting ourselves in the foot. I’m surprised he is doing it though, especially as he has been desperate to become No.1 for a club. However, playing for your country… can we really blame him? Guess we’ll never know what it actually means. 

i agree, but we need to set standards, can you imagine this happening to Alex Ferguson?, he would crucify them, nobody is bigger than the club, as soon as they think they are, you are cooked.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think anyone can blame Emi for wanting to represent his Country. He's been living in the shadows most his career and finally has come of age, as it were. It's up to us as a club to cover these eventualities with sufficient quality so that the loss is not so great. Steer as cover leads me to think we're potentially f***** though unless we act quickly to upgrade our number 2 spot! A quarter of the season with Steer in goal....😭  

I can't get this way of thinking. It's not our responsibility to pay a man millions and then have to sign a new player as cover so he can accomplish his international dreams. The whole world has had to make sacrifices because of this pandemic and people still do. 

I'm seriously leaning towards a **** them attitude to them both. I'll certainly have a lot less patience for future bad performances or mistakes if they choose to screw us over. 

You lose my support when Aston Villla are second best to you. 

Edited by DCJonah

tbh, lets see if it happens, no point winding ourselves up if they decide not to go.

lets wait and see, but if they do, they deserve everything they get imo. (which knowng Villa is sweet FA namby pamby).

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbh, lets see if it happens, no point winding ourselves up if they decide not to go.

lets wait and see, but if they do, they deserve everything they get imo. (which knowng Villa is sweet FA namby pamby).

They've already decided to go according to both twitter accounts. 

I hope they change their mind.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can't get this way of thinking. It's not our responsibility to pay a man millions and then have to sign a new player as cover so he can accomplish his international dreams. The whole world has had to make sacrifices because of this pandemic and people still do. 

I'm seriously leaning towards a **** them attitude to them both. I'll certainly have a lot less patience for future bad performances or mistakes if they choose to screw us over. 

You lose my support when Aston Villla are second best to you. 

I agree with much of what you said however, my main concern is our number 2 isn't good enough, imo. I've been saying we need cover since Heaton left on the basis Martinez could also get injured. 

Â