Emiliano Martínez

hippo

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Couple more seasons like the one he’s just had and he’ll surpass Bosnich for me.

Same for me. In many ways he is better than Bosnich already but he needs to show it’s not just a flash in the pan. Bosnich was awful at simply kicking the ball.

A big part of the uplift Emi has brought is due to how good he is at kicking the ball or simply playing it on the deck. It has improved the whole defence enormously that he can pass the ball under pressure. Gives them another passing option plus he has started off some quick breaks by playing a early long ball. It’s important for the modern game and the way Smith wants to play. Combine that with his excellent traditional keeper skills and we have an exceptional keeper.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2021 at 11:22, mallett said:

Same for me. In many ways he is better than Bosnich already but he needs to show it’s not just a flash in the pan. Bosnich was awful at simply kicking the ball.

A big part of the uplift Emi has brought is due to how good he is at kicking the ball or simply playing it on the deck. It has improved the whole defence enormously that he can pass the ball under pressure. Gives them another passing option plus he has started off some quick breaks by playing a early long ball. It’s important for the modern game and the way Smith wants to play. Combine that with his excellent traditional keeper skills and we have an exceptional keeper.

I have no doubt that he’s better, all round, than Bosnich. Excellent on the ball but also a very good shot stopper - he’s kept us in games when we struggled and spurred us on many times…

I think having Reina on loan showed us how much a GK with good feet and able to pass the ball well could help us. We identified the perfect target and massively upgraded…

Emi has an exceptional personality and leadership skills too.

A determined and ambitious guy but also approachable and generous, always happy to give credit to and help his teammates.

We couldn’t have made a better GK signing but his presence and character has been a big boost too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

On 12/06/2021 at 11:22, mallett said:

Bosnich was awful at simply kicking the ball.

Yeah but I doubt he was ever really coached at it and it wasn't seen as important back in his day. Bosnich would have been one of the greats if he didn't go full scarface. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watched the Brazil game for all of five minutes. The picture 'quality' is a disgrace to 2021. Emi deserves to be on 16k let alone HD.

Representatives for Wellingborough.

I have no idea how they manage this. It was the same watching Traore in the Burkina Faso game. Are they afraid the equipment will get nicked or is it due to bandwidth restrictions or something?

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Watched the Brazil game for all of five minutes. The picture 'quality' is a disgrace to 2021. Emi deserves to be on 16k let alone HD.

Can only guess the production would have had to scramble to get it together. Tournament was scheduled for Colombia and Argentina, then just Argentina and then hastily move to Brazil a week or so ago. Brazil is in total chaos due to Covid and the tournament should never have been played, especially not there. From the little I've seen of South American productions it's usually not up to US or UEFA standards and this tournament has been slapped together on a hurry.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I was berating my internet connection! Really poor broadcasting.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s so good he’s covering sticks and playing up front. What a guy. Rush keeper making a return.  

Actually he's playing cb too, and amazingly also on the bench too 😄

Been watching this game for 15 minutes now. Just seen Martinez for the first time and that was for a goal kick.  Mind you three has only been about 5 minutes ofr actual football played in that 15 minutes... And they've just blown for half time after just 1 minute of injury time 😂

Had nothing to do all game, but closed down a player on a one on one and batted the ball away. 

Maybe a penalty now though from the second phase of the attack. 

Was an amazing save. So unlucky. Argentina defence is worse than what we put out with clowns like Otamendi still first choice.

Honestly watching Emi in goal and some of the saves he makes is just as artful as Messi up the other end sometimes.

• Like 2

Â