Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Any ideas on a song for Emi it's going to be a hard name to conjure a catchy tune with!?

Defo needs a song I miss the Aussie Bossie would Argie Emi be too harsh?

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Any ideas on a song for Emi it's going to be a hard name to conjure a catchy tune with!?

Ooooooh

Emi Emi

Emi Emi Emi

Emi Mar-ti-nez!

🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Joint song with Buendia to "No Limit" like the Toure brothers song.

Emi, Emi Emi, Emi Emi, Emi Martinez

Emi, Emi Emi, Emi Emi, Emi Buendia

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Oh no….

He hasn’t been subbed off though, hopefully he’s fine. Tweaked hamstring?

A reminder that we need a reliable back up GK…

Think he was just timewasting the sneaky devil. He winked at Pezzella in the middle of it

Another clean sheet, brilliant keeper and he's ours. If he wins the Copa he joins Jack on our worth more than 100m list.

Watching the England game last night there was a good shot from Rice and their keeper steadied his footing and made this great cat like diving save and I immediately though Emi would just of shuffled to his left a touch, caught it and released Zinchencko down the left all in an instant. Love him.

The fact that he’s so good and yet we were able to buy him from Arsenal gives me some hope that we may be able to sign ESR. Arsenal have been linked with goal keepers ever since Emi left, it’s bizzare that they would sell him. I think they’d be insane to sell us ESR but all is not well at Arsenal and we all know that strange decisions are made when a club is badly run and floundering behind the scenes. 

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

The fact that he’s so good and yet we were able to buy him from Arsenal gives me some hope that we may be able to sign ESR. Arsenal have been linked with goal keepers ever since Emi left, it’s bizzare that they would sell him. I think they’d be insane to sell us ESR but all is not well at Arsenal and we all know that strange decisions are made when a club is badly run and floundering behind the scenes. 

Martinez being world class really came out of no where. He apparently hadn't performed well before and no one really gave him a second thought until Leno got injured 2 seasons ago and he had to come in and he surprisingly performed really well. They however were noticeably hesitant at benching Leno who they had invested heavily in before and performed well before he got injured whilst for all they knew Martinez's run of form might've just been a purple patch since he'd never shown that kind of form before. Ideally, they should've kept them both but I think Martinez wanted to leave at that point because he had been at Arsenal for so long and Arteta couldn't promise him a spot in the first team over Leno next season, hence we swooped in. At least, this was the story I've gathered from seeing Arsenal fans talk about it.

Its a very different situation to ESR right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Martinez being world class really came out of no where. He apparently hadn't performed well before and no one really gave him a second thought until Leno got injured 2 seasons ago and he had to come in and he surprisingly performed really well. They however were noticeably hesitant at benching Leno who they had invested heavily in before and performed well before he got injured whilst for all they knew Martinez's run of form might've just been a purple patch since he'd never shown that kind of form before. Ideally, they should've kept them both but I think Martinez wanted to leave at that point because he had been at Arsenal for so long and Arteta couldn't promise him a spot in the first team over Leno next season, hence we swooped in. At least, this was the story I've gathered from seeing Arsenal fans talk about it.

If that's the case, then credit to our scouting setup for noticing his potential and pouncing on the chance to sign him so fast. It's things like that that give me real faith that we're in good hands.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That’s fair enough, they had a difficult decision to make and I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing. Hopefully they cock up ESR’S contract negotiations anyway and we take advantage. It’s certainly not straightforward. 

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

It's still hilarious that Arsenal sold their best GK to us

It is great isn’t it! Just because the manager at the time spunked too much money on another keeper, they binned off their long serving and best keeper! 😆 

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Ooooooh

Emi Emi

Emi Emi Emi

Emi Mar-ti-nez!

🤣

We are Aston Villa.  That's what it will be. 

Somewhere in The Holte 4 blokes will try and start a really clever and inventive chant with lyrics that fit the song perfectly and people around them will refuse to join in and look at them like they are insane before then belting out the above. 

• Like 2

Â