Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

De Paul is a player I'd like at Villa. Love his drive and attitude. Can hear Emi's unique voice giving instructions. Quality quality quality.

Looks like De Paul is going to Atletico for about €40m. Interesting to see him playing as an 8, think he’s normally a 10 at club level. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Thanks mate. What a save and so unlucky his defenders weren't on it, great keeper we are so lucky that arsenal are stupid.

Argentina players and not moving their arses name a better duo...

I wouldnt even let Messi near the team after the 3-0 loss to Croatia last WC. The attitude these players have is provoking. Not one of them tries to run after a potential rebound

• Like 1

Cracking save.  Shame the defenders just assumed it was going to go straight in and didn't bother following it up.  Always immensely annoying if the penalty taker themselves doesn't score the rebound.

Argentina seemed convinced it was a handball, but looked pretty clearly to be a header to me.

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the defenders were claiming that it was offside too? Vidal was ahead of the guy that headed it. I'm not sure if it touched Vidal on the way into goal though?

Only thing they could claim is that Vidal touched it, but since Martinez saved it its not counted as a double touch. He cannot be in offside after he himself takes a penalty kick, neither can the other Chilean players. 

Has to be handball they are yelling for I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

Only thing they could claim is that Vidal touched it, but since Martinez saved it its not counted as a double touch. He cannot be in offside after he himself takes a penalty kick, neither can the other Chilean players. 

Has to be handball they are yelling for I guess.

Didn't know that Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

What a save for that penalty last night. Was unlucky his defenders didnt follow it in.

Nothing more inexcusable in football than defenders not following in a saved pen. Half of them are sat back on their heels even as he’s saving it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Nothing more inexcusable in football than defenders not following in a saved pen. Half of them are sat back on their heels even as he’s saving it.

Absolutely. If I was Emi - or their manager - I'd be giving them the mother of all bollockings for that. He did his job, they didn't. Let him down badly. 

What's happened the rule change? 

Ball goes dead after keeper saves it

I like that change, stops all the encroachment nonsense, rewards the keeper for heroics, which in this case it is, that's an incredible save

The initial penalty is advantage enough for the attacking team 

Just now, villa4europe said:

What's happened the rule change? 

Ball goes dead after keeper saves it

I like that change, stops all the encroachment nonsense, rewards the keeper for heroics, which in this case it is, that's an incredible save

The initial penalty is advantage enough for the attacking team 

I didn't ever hear this being a rule?  I recall it being discussed around the time a player couldn't be sent off for a foul that conceded a penalty, but never actually made a formal rule.

Just now, MrBlack said:

I didn't ever hear this being a rule?  I recall it being discussed around the time a player couldn't be sent off for a foul that conceded a penalty, but never actually made a formal rule.

It was brought to the table and discussed by fifa maybe 2 years ago along with a load of other things, this own players allowed in your own box goal kick change that is being used a lot at the euros was one of them, the subs exiting the pitch in the nearest place was another 

Not sure what happened to this one though 

It was proposed that like during a penalty shootout its either a goal or a dead ball if its a save / hits the post, no rushing in for the rebound due to it being a live ball 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was brought to the table and discussed by fifa maybe 2 years ago along with a load of other things, this own players allowed in your own box goal kick change that is being used a lot at the euros was one of them, the subs exiting the pitch in the nearest place was another 

Not sure what happened to this one though 

It was proposed that like during a penalty shootout its either a goal or a dead ball if its a save / hits the post, no rushing in for the rebound due to it being a live ball 

Guess it didn't come in.  Wouldn't be a bad idea, except for penalties like the Ghana Uruguay one, where a hand ball stops a guaranteed goal, and then the missing team can't score from a follow up. Tbh, the rule on handling on the line should be harsher in my mind ...red card and goal given.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Guess it didn't come in.  Wouldn't be a bad idea, except for penalties like the Ghana Uruguay one, where a hand ball stops a guaranteed goal, and then the missing team can't score from a follow up. Tbh, the rule on handling on the line should be harsher in my mind ...red card and goal given.

Yeah I'm not sure how you could possibly cheat during a game more than that Suarez handball 

20 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

De Paul is a player I'd like at Villa. Love his drive and attitude. Can hear Emi's unique voice giving instructions. Quality quality quality.

Sorry

• Sad 1

Â