Emiliano Martínez

hippo

35 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Portugal was a “green list” country at the time of their finals so isolating wasn’t a requirement for returning to  the UK.

Precisely. Even amber list countries would be a lot more acceptable to return from in that you can isolate at home, something I imagine would be quite pleasurable in a premier league footballer’s mansion. Returning from a red list country to 10 days stuck in an average hotel room, no thanks!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Misses out to Ederson 'no saves' Moraes. I'll get the pitchforks.

Madness.. yes he had more clean sheets, but did he actually do anything? Probably touched the ball less than any other keeper in the league.  Bizarre choice. 

Edit: thought I'd check, yup, thoroughly undeserved:

Screenshot_20210604-185250_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MrBlack

All the selections are from the two Manchester clubs, Spurs and Liverpool.  Grealish probably missed out because he missed three Months of the season. Not sure about Son being in it

Edited by PaulC

Been awarded GK of the season in the PL by the biggest sporting fan site in Sweden: Svenskafans.com. Voted as #1 by fans from all teams.

Well deserved.

Ruben Dias got defender of the year obviously.

11 hours ago, sne said:

Been awarded GK of the season in the PL by the biggest sporting fan site in Sweden: Svenskafans.com. Voted as #1 by fans from all teams.

Well deserved.

Ruben Dias got defender of the year obviously.

Two decisions you cannot argue with. I suddenly have a lot more respect for Swedish football fans' knowledge.

On an unrelated note,  assuming Buendia signs, this man has elevated himself way beyond our player of this season and is already well on his way to making himself player of next season. All hypothetical of course, but Martinez is proving to be priceless.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Seems he’s done a good job selling Villa to Buendia 

He was on loan at Getafe the same time Buendia was there. They must be good mates. 

• Like 3

What a bloke. There is no chance in hell he wasn't whispering/shouting about how great things are at Villa. 

Even got the bloke to sign while on international duty and not even visiting our facilities. Not crazy but it doesn't happen very often. Wonder if he gets an agent fee. 

Â